Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2014)|
Mandarin Oriental as seen from across the Las Vegas Strip
|Location||Las Vegas Strip|
|Address||3752 Las Vegas Boulevard
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
|Opening||December 5, 2009|
|Owner||MGM Resorts International and Infinity World Development|
|Management||Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Kohn Pedersen Fox (hotel)|
|Developer||MGM Resorts International|
|Number of rooms||392|
|Number of restaurants||5 (featured restaurants: Twist by Pierre Gagnaire
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a luxury triple five-star hotel located within CityCenter and is operated by Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Living spaces are characterized by an Eastern approach to design. The hotel’s lobby is located on the 23rd floor.
The Residences at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas features approximately 225 condominium residences situated on the upper floors of the 392-room hotel tower, with a private owner's lobby and clubroom. Parking for this area is provided by an 8-level parking structure located south of the Mandarin Oriental Hotel and a one-level subterranean parking structure underneath Crystals. The Residences at Mandarin Oriental were released for purchase in February 2007.
The hotel holds the AAA Five Diamond Award and three Forbes Five Star Awards, one for every category. This makes the hotel one of only six in the United States and thirteen in the world to hold such a title. The hotel is considered to be one of the finest hotels in the world.
The hotel was designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox architects, with mixed Residential interiors that have been designed by firms of Kay Lang & Associates, and Page & Steele Interior Architects. The hotel received a LEED Gold certification on November 20, 2009.
The Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas opened on December 5, 2009.
In November 2011, the Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas Hotel, Spa, and the Twist restaurant was awarded the Forbes Five Star rating making it one of six hotels in the United States to be a triple Five Star winner.
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a 47-story hotel located in CityCenter, a massive urban mixed-use complex situated on the Strip in Paradise, Nevada. CityCenter is home to three resorts (including Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas) and is noted for its Fine Art Collection, which features work by Maya Lin, Jenny Holzer, Claes Oldenburg and Frank Stella (among others). The Crystals, CityCenter’s 500,000 sq ft (46,000 m2) shopping and entertainment complex, is located very close to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas. Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a ten-minute-drive from McCarran International Airport.
Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, winner of the AAA Five Diamond Award and Forbes Five-Star Award, contains 392 rooms, 5 bar and restaurant establishments, and The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, which was named a Forbes Five-Star recipient. The interior of the hotel was executed by Adam D. Tihany, a critically acclaimed interior designer.
The hotel has over 12,000 sq ft (1,100 m2) of function space including a large ballroom, a pre-function room and three smaller meeting rooms for intimate gatherings. Additionally, the hotel offers a variety of leisure amenities including a pool deck with two lap pools, two Jacuzzis, a plunge pool and poolside cabanas available for rent. A fitness center and beauty salon are located on premises as well as The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas is a two-floor spa with 17 treatment rooms and relaxation lounges that feature views of Las Vegas Boulevard. Among the variety of spa amenities offered steam rooms, experience showers, a hammam, a laconium, vitality pools, and a Chinese foot spa are included.
- Twist by Pierre Gagnaire: Fine French cuisine by Michelin Three Star chef, Pierre Gagnaire
- MOZen Bistro: a diverse menu that includes Japanese, Indian and Thai dishes
- Mandarin Bar: cocktails with a view of Las Vegas
- Tea Lounge: tea, coffee and treats available in a lounge adjacent to the Sky Lobby on the 23rd floor
- Pool Cafe: offering a menu of light fare during breakfast and lunch
- Jennifer Robison (2009-12-02). "CityCenter wow-inspiring". Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- "CityCenter Earns Fifth, Sixth LEED Gold Ratings". 2009-11-20. Retrieved 2009-11-28.
- "Pierre Gagnaire Puts His Twist on Vegas". Zagat. January 26, 2010.
- "CityCenter Fine Art Collection". CityCenter Land LLC. Retrieved 2011-07-14./
- "Google Maps". Google. Retrieved 2011-07-14./
- "For Press and Research". Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. Retrieved 2011-07-14./
- "Forbes Travel Guide: 2011 Five-Star Hotel, Restaurant and Spa Award Winners". Forbes Travel Guide. 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-14.
- "Tihany Design: About: Profile". Retrieved 2011-07-14.
- "Las Vegas Hotel Facilities - Experience Luxury and Treat Yourself at Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas". Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Retrieved 2011-07-14.
- "Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas". SpaFinder, Inc. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- "Luxury Las Vegas Spa at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Las Vegas". Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Retrieved 2011-07-15.
- "Mandarin Oriental Hotel Las Vegas – Las Vegas Hotel Restaurants, Bar, Lounge and Nightlife". Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Retrieved 2011-07-14.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.|