Mandarin Oriental, Paris
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Mandarin Oriental, Paris|
Interior Courtyard of Mandarin Oriental, Paris
|Location||251 Rue Saint-Honoré, 75001 Paris, France|
|Management||Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||99|
|Number of suites||39|
|Number of restaurants||4|
Mandarin Oriental, Paris is a luxury hotel in Paris. The 138-room hotel joined Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group's portfolio of managed hotels in June 2011. The hotel has 3 restaurants and bars, and a Cake Shop, all under Michelin star winning Chef Thierry Marx. Additional hotel features include "The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Paris" and a private, interior courtyard garden.
The hotel's 99 guest rooms and 39 suites are among the most spacious in the city. Sybille de Margerie designed the guest rooms, suites, public spaces and The Spa, while designers Patrick Jouin and Sanjit Manku imagined the bar and restaurants. Architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte oversaw restoration of the building’s art deco façade. The indoor garden was created by Wilmotte & Associés, in cooperation with landscape artists François Neveux and Bernard Rouyer.
Mandarin Oriental, Paris has received much fanfare for its Thierry Marx-led restaurants. Just six months after opening, the signature restaurant "Sur Mesure by Thierry Marx" was awarded two stars in the 2012 Michelin Guide, the French guide to gourmet dining. Chef Marx also presides over the casual restaurant Camelia as well as Bar 8 and the Cake Shop.
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Paris is one of the largest spas in the city. Inside, the spa has four single treatment suites (each with its own steam shower) and three couples’ treatment suites (each with private steam showers and vitality pools). Hotel guests also have access to a hammam, a 14 m (46 ft) pool, and a fitness center.
- Sur Mesure: Gourmet restaurant.
- Camélia: All-day restaurant serving a French menu designed by chef Thierry Marx
- Bar 8: A place for overpriced cocktails and tapas
- Cake Shop: A bakery serving cakes, pastries, and other items which can be taken into Camélia or to-go.
- First and Only Hotel Certified High Quality Environment and Sustainability (Certivea, French Government Organization)
- Best Business Hotel 2011 (Wallpaper Magazine, 2011)
- The Hot List 2012 (Condé Nast Traveler, 2012)
- Top 25 New Hotels & Resorts for Couples (Holidays for Couples, The 2012 Romance List)
- Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx: Two Michelin Stars (Michelin Guide 2012)
- Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx: Best New Restaurant (Wallpaper Magazine, Design Awards 2012)
- Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx and Restaurant Camélia: Best Restaurant (Travel + Leisure, 2012 Design Awards)
- "General Mandarin Oriental, Paris". Kiwi Collection Inc. Retrieved 2011-07-07./
- "Mandarin Oriental opens in Paris". CondéNetUK Limited. Retrieved 2011-07-07./
- "Mandarin Hotel Paris Restaurant Wins Two Michelin Stars". Travel Pulse. Retrieved 2012-07-20./
- "Spa and Fitness at Mandarin Oriental, Paris". About.com. Retrieved 2012-07-20./
- "Mandarin Oriental, Paris - Paris Luxury Dining and Cuisine". Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Retrieved 2011-07-07./
- "Une logique de progrès". Certivea. 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-24./
- "Best Business Hotels 2011". Wallpaper Magazine. 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-24./
- "The Hot List 2012". Condé Nast Traveler. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-24./
- "The 2012 Romance List". Holidays for Couples. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-24./
- "Michelin Guide 2012". Michelin Guide. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-24./
- "Wallpaper Magazine Design Awards 2012". Wallpaper Magazine. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-24./
- "Travel + Leisure 2012 Design Awards". Travel+ Leisure. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-24./