||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Rock, Alternative, Alternative Rock, Alternative Pop, Pop, Electro, Indie|
|Labels||Sony Music/RCA Victor Records (2007-2009); BMG (2013 - Present)|
|Associated acts||of Verona|
Mandi Perkins is a songwriter and lead singer of the band of Verona.
Mandi Perkins was born and raised in Toronto, Canada. She attended UC Berkeley where she graduated with Honors with a degree in English Literature. Following graduation, Mandi moved to Los Angeles in order to pursue a career in music while simultaneously attending law school.
Perkins toured the country and performed regularly on the Sunset Strip, Silverlake and in Echo Park at such venues as The Roxy, The Viper Room, The Satellite, The Echo and The Troubadour. She graduated, passed the California State Bar and completed her first independent full length album, bleeding the line ..., in 2007.
The release of Perkins's album garnered her the attention of Jeff Rosen. Rosen introduced her to executives at Sony Music who subsequently signed her to a record deal. Mandi immediately began work on her major label debut album, Alice In No Man’s Land.
After the collapse of the RCA Victor label and the firing of her label head, Alice In No Man’s Land only saw a limited digital release. All the lyrics on Alice In No Man’s Land were written by Perkins and the album was produced by Warren Huart and mixed by Michael Brauer.
In the first half of 2009, Perkins played the South by Southwest festival and did a club tour in the United States. Perkins asked from a release from her contract with Sony in June 2009 and started a new band named of Verona in the summer of 2010.
|2003||Mandi Perkins (EP)||Self-released Demo|
|2003||The Mandi Perkins Band (EP)||Self-released Demo|
|May 18, 2005||Broken Window (EP)||Self-released Demo|
|August 14, 2007||Bleeding the Line||De Novo Music|
|August 4, 2008||Alice in No Man’s Land||Sony BMG|
|2009||Everybody Knows EP||De Novo Music|
- Steve Leggett, Mandi Perkins at Allmusic
- [dead link]
- Hitting the Right Note. NBC Los Angeles, April 2, 2009.
- "Mandi Perkins". popdirt.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- Mandi Perkins. Billboard, May 30, 2009.
- Seductive Canadian singer takes over the Blue Room stage. Chico Enterprise-Record, June 30, 2009.
- Mandi Perkins Parts Ways With Sony Music. Pop Dirt, June 30, 2009.
- Info - Mandi Perkins. Allmusic.com (Google Cache, retrieved August 7, 2013). Accessed October 7, 2013.
- Album Info - Mandi Perkins Band. Allmusic.com (Google Cache, retrieved July 27, 2013). Accessed October 7, 2013.