From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Mandingo)
Mandinka, Mandika, Mandinko, or Mandingo may refer to:
In culture and history
- the Mandinka people of West Africa
- Mandingo Wars (1883–1898), series of armed conflicts between France and the Wassoulou Empire of the Mandingo people led by Samory Touré
- Wassoulou Empire, also known as the Mandinka Empire
- Mandingo (actor), a male African American pornographic performer and director
In art, entertainment and media
- Mandingo (film), a 1975 film based on the eponymous 1957 novel
- Mandingo fighting, a fictional form of slave fighting (a reference to the film Mandingo) in Tarantino's Django Unchained
- Mandingo (novel), a bestselling novel originally published in 1957
- Mandingo (play), a play by Jack Kirkland
- "Mandinka" (song), by Sinéad O'Connor from her 1987 album The Lion and the Cobra
- Mandingo (band), a world-beat electro-funk band (four albums 1972-1975), with Geoff Love.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mandinka.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.