|Born||15 April 1972|
|Occupation||Actress, television presenter, fashion designer|
(m. 1999; died 2021)
Mandira Bedi (born 15 April 1972) is an Indian actress, fashion designer, and television presenter. She gained recognition playing the title role in the 1994 television serial, Shanti, telecast on India's national channel, Doordarshan, and playing as a villan character in the movie Saaho.
Bedi then appeared in TV serials like Aurat (DD and Sony), Dushman (DD) and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (Star Plus). Following this, she began hosting for ICC Cricket World Cups in the years 2003 and 2007 and the Champions Trophies in the years 2004 and 2006 as well as the Indian Premier League season 2 for Sony Max. She led the coverage of IPL season 3 for the British Network – ITV.
Bedi has been a promoter of faux leather for PETA. She debuted as a fashion designer during Lakme Fashion Week 2014 with her saree collection. In 2013, Bedi launched her signature sari store.
Early life and family
Mandira Bedi was born in Kolkata to Verinder Singh and Gita Bedi. She has an elder brother who is a bank investor. She did her schooling at Cathedral and John Connon School, Mumbai and graduated from the St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. Thereafter, she did her post graduation from Sophia Polytechnic College, Mumbai.
Bedi married Raj Kaushal on 14 February 1999. It was announced on 27 January 2011 that the couple are expecting their first child. Bedi gave birth to a boy named Vir on 19 June 2011 at the Lilavati Hospital, Mumbai. In 2013, Bedi and her husband had applied for the process of adopting a girl child to complete their family. On July 28th 2020, she adopted a 4 year old girl and named her Tara Bedi Kaushal. Kaushal died on 30 June 2021 due to cardiac arrest.
|1995||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge||Preeti Singh||Hindi|
|2004||Shaadi Ka Laddoo||Tara||Hindi|
|2005||Naam Gum Jaayega||Nalini||Hindi|
|2007||Dus Kahaniyaan||Pooja||Hindi||(Anthology film) story Matrimony|
|2008||Meerabai Not Out||Meera A. Achrekar||Hindi|
|2018||Vodka Diaries||Shikha Dixit||Hindi|
|2019||The Tashkent Files||Indira Joseph Roy||Hindi|
|Ezham Mudra||Malayalam||Announced in 2007|
|1994||Shanti||Shanti||DD National / Star Plus|
|1995||Aahat||Episode 196,197- The Last Reel
Episode 212,213- Tohfa
|Sony Entertainment Television|
|199?-||Aurat||Pragati||DD National / Sony|
|1997-1998||Ghar Jamai||Chandni||Zee TV|
|CID||Reshma (2001)||Sony Entertainment Television|
|2001–2003||Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi||Dr. Mandira Kapadia||Star Plus|
|2003||Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin||Mandira||Sony Entertainment Television|
|2004-2006||Sarabhai vs Sarabhai||guest appearance as Cookie Sharma||Star One|
|2005||Fame Gurukul||Host||Sony Entertainment Television|
|CID: Special Bureau||Sagarika (2005)|
|Deal Ya No Deal||Host|
|2006||Fear Factor India||Contestant|
|2007–2008||Funjabbi Chak De||Host||Star One|
|2008||Mahabharat by Sanjay Khan||Draupadi||Zee TV|
|Jo Jeeta Wohi Super Star||Host||Star Plus|
|2009||Ek Se Badhkar Ek – Jalwe Sitaron Ke||Host||Zee TV|
|Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi||Contestant||Colors|
|2013||Indian Idol Junior||Host||Sony Entertainment Television|
|2014||Gangs of Haseepur||Judge||Zee TV|
|2015||I Can Do That||Celebrity contestant|
|2016||India's Deadliest Roads||Herself||History TV|
|2018||MTV Troll Police||Guest||MTV India|
|2019||Thinkistan||Anushka Shroff||MX Player||Hinglish|
|2019||Shaadi Fit||Host||MX Player||Hindi|
|2017||Romil & Jugal||Ahalya||Alt Balaji||Hindi|||
|2021||Qubool Hai 2.0||Ms. Damini Sood||ZEE5||Hindi|||
|2021||Six||Ruhana Dhulaap||Disney Hotstar||Hindi|||
- "Birthday Special: Taking fashion lessons from Mandira Bedi". Rediff. 15 April 2014. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
- Dasgupta, Sumit (20 March 2003). "Born in Calcutta, reborn in the Cup". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Retrieved 21 April 2016.
- "LFW 2014: Neha Dhupia stuns on the ramp, Mandira Bedi makes her ramp debut as designer". The Indian Express. 14 March 2014. Archived from the original on 20 March 2014. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Shanti the iconic woman character from dds1994". 7 November 2020.
- "Mandira Bedi Indian cricket Anchor".
- "Mandira Bedi to debut as a Designer at Lakme Fashion Week 2014". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- "Mandira Bedi to promote faux leather for Peta". The Times of India. 25 July 2012. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013.
- "Mandira Bedi's sari store open for public now". DNA India. 27 October 2013. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Mandira Bedi Biography Height & Husband | Biographybd". 24 December 2016. Archived from the original on 16 November 2019. Retrieved 26 June 2020.
- "Manria Bedi marriage and relationship". 5 February 2020.
- "After 24, the appreciation has been very gratifying: Mandira Bedi". Hindustan Times. 24 January 2014. Archived from the original on 26 June 2020. Retrieved 26 June 2020.
- "A glimpse of mandira bedi mother and son moment with vir".
- "Mandira Bedi, husband Raj Kaushal will soon adopt a girl child". Mid-Day. Archived from the original on 18 October 2015.
- "Mandira Bedi and husband Raj Kaushal will soon adopt girl child". Canindia News.[permanent dead link]
- "Brunch Mother's day cover". 9 May 2021.
- "Actress Mandira Bedi's husband Raj Kaushal passes away". Karuna Tyagi. Times Now. 30 June 2021. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- "Mandira Bedi's husband Raj Kaushal passes away due to heart attack". Bollywood Hungama. 30 June 2021. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- "Mandira Bedi's husband Raj Kaushal passes away due to cardiac arrest". Bollywood Bubble. 30 June 2021. Retrieved 30 June 2021.
- Rao, Soumya. "Web series 'Smoke' lets a dream cast go to waste". Scroll.in. Archived from the original on 6 January 2019. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Ekta Kapoor's Romil and Jugal is a modern, gay take on Romeo-Juliet. Actors Rajeev Siddhartha and Manraj Singh reveal more". indianexpress.com. 2 May 2017. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Mandira's role in Qubool hai 2.0". 12 March 2021.
- "Mandira's role in Six".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mandira Bedi.|