Community development block
|• Type||Community development block|
|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|• Total literates||28,361 (46.03%)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||JH 18|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Rajmahal|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Rajmahal|
Mandro is a community development block that forms an administrative division in Sahibganj subdivision of Sahibganj district, Jharkhand state, India. It is located 18 km from Sahibganj, the district headquarters.
Mandro, the CD Block headquarters, is located at .
The district can be divided into two regions, one of which covers Borio, Mandro, Barhait, Pathna and Taljhari CD Blocks, and lies under the Damin-i-koh area. Dense forests coveing the hills and slopes have thinned out. Paddy is cultivated in the valleys and on the hill tops the inhabitants grow barbatti and maize. Paharias, Mal Paharias and Santhalis generally inhabit the area.
Mandro CD Block has 228 gram panchayats, 179 inhabited (chiragi) and 49 uninhabited (bechiragi) villages.
As per 2011 Census of India Mandro CD Block had a total population of 75,659, all of which were rural. There were 38,114 (50 %) males and 37,545 (50 %) females. Population below 6 years was 14,042. Scheduled Castes numbered 3,149 and Scheduled Tribes numbered 41,176.
Mandro Damin Bazar had a population of 1,178 in 2011. 
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Mandro CD Block was 28,361 (46.03 % of the population over 6 years) out of which 17,373 (61 %) were males and 10,988 (39 %) were females.
- "Mandro". Jharkhand. Wikimapia. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "District Profile – Physical Aspects". Jharkhand. Sahibganj district administration. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "2011 Census C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "District Census 2011". Population Census 2011. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Jharkhand Profile" (PDF). Census Info India 2011 – Final population totals. Census Commissioner, Government of India. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Literacy in India". Census 2011. Census population 2015 data. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|