|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
An engineering college at Mandya
|• Deputy Commissioner||B N Krishnaiah|
|• Corporation Commissioner||Shasi kumar|
|Elevation||678 m (2,224 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Mandya is a city in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is the headquarters of Mandya district and is located 40 kilometres (25 mi) from Mysore and 100 kilometres (62 mi) from Bangalore. Sugar factories contribute majorly to the economy of the city.
Mandya is located at  It has an average elevation of 678 metres (2,224 ft)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Mandya had a population of 131,211. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Mandya has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 68%. In Mandya, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
In 2016, Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) excavated another 13 ft (4.0 m) statue of Bahubali made id the 3rd – 9th centuries in Arthipura, Mandya district. Excavation work is expected to be completed by 2018. ASI has also excavated an 8th-century statue of Bahubali in Arthipura, Maddur, Mandya, Karnataka, that is 3 ft (0.91 m) feet wide and 3.5 ft (1.1 m) tall.
- Jayalalithaa, Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- S M Krishna, politician
- Ambarish, film actor and politician
- M.N.Singaramma, author
- Anasuya Shankar, author
- Sridhar Rangayan, filmmaker and director
- "Pin Code". citypincode.in. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Karnataka sugar industry". karnataka.com. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Mandya". fallingrain.com. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Census of India 2001". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- Girish, M. B. (23 February 2016) [4 December 2015], "Another Jain centre under excavation in Mandya district", Deccan Chronicle
- "Eighth Century Jain Temple Discovered in Maddur", The New Indian Express, Express News Service, 7 January 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mandya.|