|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Planning agency||Haryana Urban Development Authority|
It has transformed from a sleepy village to one of the fastest-growing townships in India. It is an upcoming area of NCR. Some of the developers have added a new tag to Manesar Proximity to political nerve center - Delhi has also led the government to establish headquarters of some institutes of national importance here like the National Security Guards (and its training center), Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs National Bomb Data Centre and National Brain Research Centre.
More than 100,000 people go to work in Manesar from adjoining places. The Gurgaon-Manesar Master Plan projects the population of 37,00,000 by 2021. It has many factories, offices, hotels and educational institutes. There are several sightseeing spots around the area, some overlapping with Gurgaon. Manesar is 32 km from IGI Airport and has some of the best urban infrastructure in northern India. Located on NH 8, the area is well connected with Delhi, Rewari, Dharuhera, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Mumbai; air connectivity is equally good.
- 1 History
- 2 Industrial Model Township (IMT), Manesar
- 3 Connectivity
- 4 Tourism
- 5 Healthcare
- 6 Economy
- 7 References
Original Manesar village was a sleepy village of about 1000 dwellings on Delhi Jaipur highway (NH-8), but since late nineties it has been transformed into a boom town with some of the world-brands opening factories here. Its growth has been helped by government's drive to move out factories from Delhi as well as booming of Gurgaon city and proximity to Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport (approximately 40 minutes). The original Manesar village had people from different communities but 80% of the residents are Yaduvanshi Ahirs also called Yadav and their main profession was agriculture. However, today it is swamped by people from all across the globe, indulging in almost every profession one can think of in the modern India. Farmers have become millionaire or multi-millionaires by selling their lands. A majority of them are living upscale lives.
The culture and popular arts are Saangs, dramas, ballads and songs in which they take great delight. Loor, Gugga, Jhumar, Gangore Puja, Chhatti dance, Teej dance are some of the famous local dances here. The handicrafts of Manesar include wooden handicrafts such as wooden boxes, gift boxes, wooden utensils, wooden toys, furniture etc.
Industrial Model Township (IMT), Manesar
Haryana government wants to acquire 1,800 acres of land near IMT to form IMT-2. Villagers from the seven villages namely: Kasan, Baskhusla, Mokalwaas, Khardi, Baslambi, Pukharpur, Kukudurla, Fazilwaas and Sahrawan which have been notified are opposing the program due under-pricing of land.
Protests against land acquisition
Industrial Welfare Association of Manesar and villagers have formed an organization "Upjaoo Bhoomi Sanrakhsan Andolan" which is against rapid industrialization of fertile land and way below market rate of their lands which Government is giving them. Over the period of time agricultural production in the greater Manesar area has dipped substantially. A report prepared by the industrial association and the farmers organization, Fertile Land Protection Movement (FLPM), shows that if the remaining 6,000 acres are acquired by the HSIIDC for industrial development, the region will lose around 14,000 tonnes of food grains.
The report suggests that industrial habitation should be allowed only on land which does not produce more than one crop, whereas the land in Manesar produces at least three major crops twice a year. The soil in Manesar is very fertile and quite suitable for agriculture as it is very loose, said a representative of FLPM.
Beside the loss of food grain, very sizable losses in the production of fruits and vegetables are also expected. The land produces around 9,000 tonnes of vegetables, and over 11,000 tonnes of various fruits. Farmers of Manesar fear it will be lost. Industrialists say that when Present IMT is in extreme bad shape and half empty then why Government is showing hurry in acquiring this land.
Litigation on land
HSIIDC sent notices on clarification needed] for acquiring Manesar's agricultural lands for essential public needs. Scared farmers sold their lands to the builders but the HSIIDC withdrew the notices after the private players purchased the land. Private builders started buying the land at the rate of Rs.25 lakh per acre. A total of 688 acres of land was bought from three villages Manesar, Nakhrola and Naurangpur. Later the rates were hiked from Rs.25 lakh to Rs.1.5 crore per acre between July 25 and Aug 5, 2007. The circle rate of agriculture land in May 2014 Manesar is Rs.1.90 crore per acre, while it is Rs.30,000 per square metre in residential zone.[
On May 14, 2014 the Punjab and Haryana High Court has directed builders to compensate Gurgaon farmers on current circle rates for buying over 6oo acres of manesar land.
However on December 15, 2014, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has dismissed the petition filed for farmers.
UIDAI Data Center
Manesar lies on National Highway 8 and is served by local buses, and trains plying on this route. The nearest railway station is Ghari Harsaru (GHH) and renowned station is Gurgaon.
Haryana will set up its own Metro Corporation to extend the metro-rail facility to areas in the national capital region (NCR) falling in Haryana, also plans to extend the Metro-rail up to Manesar town.
The sustained demand from the IT and ITeS sector has resulted in Sector 8 of IMT, Manesar emerging as a "Next Generation IT-ITeS Destination" in the Gurgaon district. Significant infrastructure improvement is underway in Manesar. The Delhi-Jaipur highway has reduced the travel time from Delhi to Manesar from 90 minutes to 30 minutes. To improve public transport further, plans have been made to extend the Delhi Metro to Manesar. However no plans or work has started and Metro officials denied any possibility even in near future.
The construction work for 135.6 km long Delhi Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as the Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway, is going at full swing. Kundli-Manesar-Palwal (KMP) expressway was planned to become operational by June 2009 but may not be ready before 2012. Delhi will be relieved of the congestion of heavy night traffic. The expressway will act as a bypass for the night vehicles.
KMP Expressway has been divided into three packages of 45 km each. Three major camps at Kundli, Manesar and Palwal have been established, supported by three ancillary camps at Jassoure Kheri, Badli and Taoru. Four flyovers have been proposed at places where the expressway will cross national highways, namely, NH 1, NH 10 and NH 8. Sixteen overpasses and underpasses at crossings on state highways and major district roads; 7 overpasses, 9 underpasses and 27 underpasses at crossings on village roads; and 33 agricultural vehicular underpasses, 31 cattle crossing passages, 61 pedestrian crossing passages, four railway over-bridges, 18 major and minor bridges, cross drainage works (culverts) at 292 locations, and two truck parking and four bus bays will also be constructed.
The official languages spoken in this place are English, Hindi and Haryanvi. Manesar has several educational institutes, hotels, offices and factories. Farm tourism, a new concept introduced in Manesar by Agricultural department of Haryana.
The Heritage Transport Museum is situated on a three-acre plot, off National Highway 8 at Tauru Gurgaon near Manesar. A built up area of over 90,000 square feet of space spread over four floors houses the exhibition galleries, library and reference centre, conference rooms, mini auditorium, the museum shop, and a restaurant facility.
Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project
The Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project is a State-Sponsored Industrial Development Project of the Government of India. It is an ambitious project aimed at developing an Industrial Zone spanning across six states in India. The project will see major expansion of Infrastructure and Industry – including industrial clusters and rail, road, port, air connectivity – in the states along the route of the Corridor. The ambitious Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) has received major boost with India and Japan inking an agreement to set up a project development fund. The initial size of the Fund will be Rs 1,000 Crore (about $212 million). Both the Japanese and Indian governments contribute equally.
The corridor would include six mega investment regions of 200 square kilometers each and will run through seven states Delhi, Western Uttar pradesh, Southern Haryana, Eastern Rajasthan, Eastern Gujarat, Western Maharashtra and. Manesar-Bawal is one of the investment regions selected for development in the first phase of ambitious Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor. More than 60 per cent of Haryana's area comes under the project area of this ambitious DMIC project, which is extended up to 150 km on both sides of the alignment of Delhi-Mumbai Dedicated Freight Corridor. This would open a floodgate of opportunities all along NH-8, NH-2, NH-1 and NH -10 for developing industrial, urban and supporting infrastructure through public-private initiatives, seven Investment Regions and 13 industrial areas have been planned along this Corridor and Manesar-Bawal is one of the investment regions selected for development in the first phase. The Growth Centre Bawal has been evolved as a mega industrial hub and large numbers of multi-national companies have selected Bawal as their manufacturing base.
During last three years, HSIIDC has allotted 78 Industrial plots in Bawal for medium and large scale projects with capital investment of around 1.18 billion USD.
Japan's Toshiba team undertook the project of First Eco City of India. Areas covered include water recycling, power, logistics, solid waste management and transportation. This will be funded by the Ministry of Economic Trade and Investment, Government of Japan.
In order to cater to the healthcare needs of the residents there is a major requirement of healthcare facilities in Manesar.
- Rockland Hospital, IMT Manesar
- Yashlok hospital
- Upkar Hospital
- Sai Ram Hospital
- Ross Clincs & Hospital
- ESIC Hospital
- Lifecare Hospital
Some of the industrial units functioning in Manesar are:
- Airtel Airtel DTH relay station.
- Alcatel-Lucent India Ltd.
- Alere Inc.
- BorgWarner Emission Systems.
- DURLUM INDIA PVT LTD Leading Metal Ceiling Manufacturers.
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooters India (HMSI)
- Hero Motors Ltd.
- Hectorbeverages private Ltd.
- NHK Napino Auto.
- NTF India Pvt. Ltd.
- NTF Technik India Pvt. Ltd.
- Samsung Telecommunications.
- Denso Haryana.
- Maruti Suzuki Metal.
- Frigo Glass.
- Baxter India.
- Johnson Matthey.
- Bundy India.
- Magnet Marelli UM India Pvt. Ltd.
- Munjal Showa.
- Mitsubishi Electricals.
- Makino India.
- Senior Flexonics.
- Agilent Technologies
- Keysight Technologies
- Aum Dacro Coatings
- Lifestyle Chair Gallery Pvt. Ltd.
- Dudhmansager Dairy (A Unit Of Dudhsagar DairyMehsana)
- RK Flooring Systems Pvt Ltd
- Dhoot Transmission Pvt. Ltd
- Asian Chair Craft
- Triumph Motorcycles India Ltd.
- Magneti Marelli at Anantraj Tech Park
Nestle R&D Center
IMT Manesar - Business Environment
Integrated Manesar Township (IMT) is a 1,750-acre (7.1 km2) ultra modern Integrated Industrial Park that was initially planned as a joint venture of the Centre, Haryana government and a Japanese company. But it was finally taken over by the HSIDC in 1997 to be developed exclusively as an industrial area. IMT is located along the National Highway 8, linking Delhi and Jaipur.
Manesar has been developed in four phases. HSIDC has developed 1,750 acres (7.1 km2) of land in phase I, while work is in progress in Phase II (180 acres) and Phase IV (650 acres). HSIDC has allotted phase III (600 acres) to Maruti Udyog Limited for their expansion project. Manesar is an integrated and independent industrial town having all the basic infrastructure to facilitate industrialisation of the area.
World Trade Centre
Delhi NCR gets its first World Trade Center (WTC) at Spire Edge in Manesar, an integrated 1.6 million sq.ft mixed use IT/ITeS development.
- From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOINEW&BaseHref=CAP/2011/02/05&PageLabel=58&EntityId=Ar05800&ViewMode=HTML "Article Window" Check
|url=value (help). 5 February 2011. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- Dipak Kumar Dash (20 August 2009). "Manesar shops go for a bomb". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- "Pin Code of Manesar Gurgaon". citypincode.in. Retrieved 9 March 2014.
- On Growth Trajectory - Express Healthcare Retrieved 18 April 2009.
- "Haryana showpiece millennium city Gurgaon's 'powerless' original residents suffer". India.com. 1 September 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Tanushree Roy Chowdhury (22 December 2010). "Villagers fume after Haryana CM skips KMP meet". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Vineet Gill (27 January 2011). "MIWA extends support to protesting villagers". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Tanushree Roy Chowdhury (31 January 2011). "Please spare our fertile land". The Times Of India. TNN.
- Vineet Gill (12 April 2011). "Agricultural production in Manesar falls substantially". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- Vineet Gill (7 February 2011). "Industry welfare associations, farmers to map 5,000 acres of Manesar region". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- "Govt acting as property dealer: Manesar farmers". The Times Of India. TNN. 1 March 2011. Retrieved 12 April 2011.
- "Compensate Gurgaon farmers at current rates, court tells builders". Business Standard. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Compensate Gurgaon farmers at current rates: court". Hindustan Times. 14 May 2014. Archived from the original on 17 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Punjab & Haryana High Court". Phhc.gov.in:. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- Haryana Review 2013
- "Haryana to set up own metro corporation". Sify. 22 June 2010. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- Manveer Saini (22 June 2010). "DMRC train In Gurgaon fuels dreams of Haryana's own metro". The Times of India. TNN. Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- Sp Infocity Retrieved 26 June 2010.
- "Metro not being extended to Manesar: Sreedharan". The Times Of India. TNN. 19 January 2011. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "Kundli-Manesar-Palwal Expressway achieves financial closure". 8 January 2007. Retrieved 21 April 2009.
- "Heritage Transport Museum Manesar Gurgaon - A collection of objects related to transportation in India!". Heritage Transport Museum. 7 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Madhya Pradesh
- "Professional Office Movers". 7 June 2014. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- "HCL opens tech hub in Manesar". Financial Express. 13 November 2010. Retrieved 25 December 2011.
- "Agilent opens new campus at Manesar". The Economic Times. 16 April 2010. Retrieved 3 May 2010.
- "World Trade Center Manesar | WTC manesar Call 9958959555". Sarthakestates.com. 17 June 2013. Retrieved 25 July 2014.