Manfred Baumann (born 1968 in Vienna, Austria) is an Austrian photographer. He has several different directions of work which are Fine Nude Art photography, celebrity portraits, and landscape pictures.
Born in 1968 in Vienna, Manfred Baumann grew up in Vienna’s 13th district of Hietzing, where he also attended school. After graduating from general secondary school, he started an apprenticeship at the age of 16 at one of the most traditional shops in Vienna, Julius Meinl, where he also worked as manager for a year. In 1995, he moved to Canada to work as a photographer there. After just two years, he had to return to Vienna, where he continued to work as a freelance photographer. To this day, Baumann cites his grandfather, who was also a photographer, as one of his greatest sources of inspiration. His grandfather was also the one who encouraged his talents as a photographer by giving him his first camera, a Praktica.
In 2002, Baumann began to photograph well-known personalities. In 2005 he managed to arrange a shoot with Roger Moore with the help of a friend. After that shootings followed with Toni Garrn, Kirk Douglas, Evander Holyfield, Jaimie Alexander, Paul Anka, Tony Curtis, Steve Guttenberg, Juliette Lewis, Bai Ling, Dolph Lundgren, David Hasselhoff, John Malkovich, Sofia Milos, Kathleen Turner, Madeline Zima, William Shatner, Holly Madison, Chevy Chase, Jay Mohr, Michelle Rodriguez, Leah Remini, Barbara Eden, Tobin Bell, Rachel Hunter and Bruce Willis and many mores.
In 2013 the cooperation with National Geographic Society started, in 2016 the cooperation with LEICA! For the first time, Baumann will exhibit in a museum in autumn 2017, his exhibition MUSTANGS will be shown in the Natural History Museum Vienna!
Manfred Baumann is married. Living in Austria and working worldwide. He is a vegetarian and supports different animal welfare organizations. Baumann is Honorary Ambassador of Jane Goodall with his wife Nelly Baumann!
Manfred Baumann's work is published in different photo specialist journals like the Fotomagazin, Photographie, Chip magazine or the Digital Photographer Magazine. His pictures though can also be seen in glossy magazines like the Playboy, FHM, GQ and the Moving Pictures Magazine.
National and international exhibitions of Manfred Baumann's work include the following
- 1995 Exhibition "NUDE" in Toronto, Canada
- 2004 Exhibition "Celebrities" in Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 2005 Exhibition "CELEBRITIES, TRAVEL and NUDES"
- 2007 Exhibition „America“ in Vienna
- 2009 Exhibition "VISIONS" in Vienna, Graz, Munich, Los Angeles
- 2010 Exhibition in Frankfurt – Leica Galerie Frankfurt
- 2010 Exhibition in London – The Air Gallery
- 2010 Start with his career as producer and director
- 2011 Start with his pre-production of his first cine movie
- 2012 Star guest at the photokina in Cologne (Live-Photo shootings, Workshops and 130 runningmeter exhibition)
- 2013 Exhibition “Alive” exhibition in Vienna
- 2014 Exhibition “Click!” exhibition in Hamburg
- 2015 Exhibition “L.A.Stories” exhibition in Schladming
- 2017 Exhibition Barcelona Saatchi Gallery
- 2017 Exhibition Leica Gallery "The Collection"
- 2017 Exhibition "MUSTANG" Natural History Museum Vienna
- LIVE. Bucher Verlag, ISBN 978-399018186-7
- Manfred Baumann Calendar 2013. ISBN 978-3990181409
- Sexy Camera Work. Edition Skylight, ISBN 978-3-03766-633-3
- Manfred Baumann Calendar 2012. ISBN 978-3-200-02329-1
- Manfred Baumann Calendar 2011. ISBN 978-3-200-01958-4
- Manfred Baumann - PHOTOGRAPHIE. ISBN 978-3-200-01840-2
- Erotic Vision. Edition Skylight, ISBN 3-03766-596-3
- Celebrities. Novum Verlag, ISBN 3-85022-580-1
- Fine nude art. Media Service Stuttgart, ISBN 3-902211-30-X
- Just Naked!. Heel Verlag, ISBN 3-89365-970-6
- Top 20 Girls 2008. Mohn Kalender, ISBN 3-8318-1288-8
- L.A.Stories. echomedia, ISBN 978-3902-900654
- Alte Welt, neue Welt. National Geographic, ISBN 978-3866903654
- my world of photography 1991-2016 Novum Verlag, ISBN 3-99048-638-1
- Mustangs - ISBN 978-3-99064-073-9
- Official homepage
- ACDSee Hotspot Interview
- PortraitPro Interview
- Lomography Interview
- Manfred Baumann on Instagram
- Ephotozine Interview
- Stern Interview
- Sir Roger was impressed by Baumann
- Interview with Manfred Baumann (Video)
- Interview with Manfred Baumann, Incubus' Choice, February 2004
- Manfred Baumann on IMDb