Mangalkot (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||41. Bolpur (SC)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 272 Mangalkot assembly constituency covers Mongalkote community development block and Saragram, Gidhgram and Alampur gram panchayats of Katwa I CD Block.
West-Bengal state assembly election,2016: All India Trinamool Congress Candidate won.
|Trinamool Congress||Apurba Chaudhuri||81,190||46.15||+9.01#|
|BJP||Alok Taranga Goswami||7,224||4.11|
|JDP||Anil Kumar Mardi||3,567|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages in 2006 taken together.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||1||0|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||8||13|
|Marxist Forward Bloc||0||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 5 (See template talk page for details)
Sadhana Mallik of CPI(M) won the Mangalkot assembly seat in 2006, 2001, and 1996 defeating Abdul Based Shekh of Trinamool Congress in 2006, Chandranath Mukherjee of Trinamool Congress in 2001, and Absar Nurul Mondal of Congress in 1996. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Samar Baora of CPI(M) defeated Hriday Kishan Sar of Congress in 1991. Nikhilananda Sar of CPI(M) defeated Jagadish Dutta of in 1987, Seikh Borshed of Congress in 1982, and Madan Chowdhury of Congress in 1977.
Jyotirmoy Majumder of Congress won in 1972. Nikhilananda Sar of CPI(M) won in 1971 and 1969. N.Sattar of Congress won in 1967. Narayan Das of CPI won in 1962. The Mangalkot seat was not there in 1957. In independent India’s first election in 1951, Bhakta Chandra Roy of Congress won the Mangalkot seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18" (PDF). Government of West Bengal. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-08-13. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Mangalkot". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-28.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Mangalkot. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011" (PDF). Mangalkot. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-12. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "281 - Mangalkot Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2010-10-05. Retrieved 2010-10-30.