Location of Mangilao within the Territory of Guam.
|• Mayor||Allan R.G. Ungacta (R)|
|• Vice Mayor||Thomas "Tommy" J.F. Duenas (R)|
|Time zone||ChST (UTC+10)|
Cliffs lie along much of the village's shoreline providing dramatic views, but few of Mangilao's beaches are available for recreational uses. The island's main prison is in Mangilao.
Government and infrastructure
The Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services has its headquarters in Mangilao.
The Guam Public School System serves the island. Some Mangilao residents are zoned to Captain Henry B. Price Elementary School, which is located in Mangilao. Other residents are zoned to Pedro C. Lujan Elementary School in Barrigada. Some Mangilao residents are zoned to Agueda I. Johnston Middle School in Chalan-Pago-Ordot, while others are zoned to Luis P. Untalan Middle School in Barrigada. All of Mangilao is zoned to George Washington High School, which is in Mangilao.
A Roman Catholic high school, Father Dueñas Memorial School, is in Mangilao. In addition, the Japanese School of Guam, which has day school and weekend supplementary school components, is in Mangilao.
Mayor of Mangilao
- Francisco P. Pangelinan (1933–1944)
- Manuel T. Sablan (1950–1952)
- Jesus T. Pereira (1952–1969)
- Jesus D.L.R. Santos (1969–1973)
- Nicolas D. Francisco (1973–1987)
- Nonito C. Blas (1987–2017)
- Allan R.G. Ungacta (2017–present)
- Allan R.G. Ungacta (2009–2017)
- Thomas J.F. Duenas (2017–present)
- Adacao - census designated place
- Asbeco - populated place
- Latte Heights - census designated place
- "2010 Guam Statistical Yearbook" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-07-23. (4.3 MB), (rev. 2011)
- Therese Hart, "Population slightly up, latest census says," Marianas Variety, August 26, 2011
- "Prison Security." Guam Department of Corrections. Retrieved on May 19, 2010.
- "A CASE STUDY OF DEPARTMENT OF YOUTH AFFAIRS A REPORT TO OUR CITIZENS." Guam Department of Youth Affairs. Retrieved on October 12, 2010. "Site Address: #169 San Isidro St. Mangilao Guam 96923."
- "Mangilao Area Map." Pacific Daily News. Retrieved on October 12, 2010.
- "Contact Us." Guam Department of Agriculture. Retrieved on October 21, 2010. "163 Dairy Road Mangilao, Guam 96913."
- "Contact Us." Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services. Retrieved on October 26, 2010. "Mailing Address: Mailing Address Department of Public Health and Social Services 123 Chalan Kareta, Mangilao, Guam 96913-6304."
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-02-22. Retrieved 2006-02-22.
- "Guam's Public High Schools." Guam Public School System. Accessed September 8, 2008.
- "Welcome." Father Dueñas Memorial School. Retrieved on October 25, 2010. "Mailing Address: 176 Duenas Ln Mangilao 96913."
- "Top." Japanese School of Guam. Retrieved on January 10, 2012. "170 TERAO ST. MANGILAO GUAM 96913"
- "GNIS Detail - Adacao Census Designated Place". geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "GNIS Detail - Asbeco". geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2017-02-21.
- "GNIS Detail - Latte Heights Census Designated Place". geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2017-02-21.