|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founded||Palau-solità i Plegamans, Spain (1984 )|
|Headquarters||Palau-solità i Plegamans, Spain|
Number of employees
Mango is a women's clothing line only.
Mango's first website was created in 1995 and in year 2000, it opened its first online store. H. E. by Mango is a men's line created in 2008, and renamed Mango Man in 2014. Football legend Zinedine Zidane has become the new face of the Mango Man campaign.
Mango has over 8,600 employees, 1,850 of whom work at the Hangar Design Centre and at its Headquarters in Palau Solità i Plegamans (Barcelona). Despite being a Spanish clothing company, and having the most stores in Spain, with a large proportion in Madrid, the city of Istanbul, Turkey, is the one with the largest amount of Mango stores.
From Fall 2011, Kate Moss was Mango's muse. She first appeared in a video featuring Terry Richardson who shot the whole campaign and directed the commercial. Moss was replaced by Australian model Miranda Kerr.
In April 2011, Letizia, Princess of Asturias visited the company headquarters wearing a Mango outfit. At the end of 2014, Mango has closed with a group turnover for the Mango MNG Holding of 2.154 billion dollars (2.017 billion euros).
Number of Mango stores on the 15 October, 2016
Building collapse at Savar
On 24 April 2013, the eight-story Rana Plaza commercial building collapsed in Savar, a sub-district near Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. At least 1,127 people died and over 2,438 were injured. The factory housed a number of separate garment factories employing around 5,000 people, several shops, and a bank and manufactured apparel for brands including the Benetton Group, Joe Fresh, The Children's Place, Primark, Monsoon, and DressBarn. Of the 29 brands identified as having sourced products from the Rana Plaza factories, only 9 attended meetings held in November 2013 to agree a proposal on compensation to the victims. Several companies refused to sign including Walmart, Carrefour, Bonmarché, Mango, Auchan and Kik. The agreement was signed by Primark, Loblaw, Bonmarche and El Corte Ingles.
In 2010, the French division got sued by Anne-Cécile Couétil, creator of the brand Velvetine. She argued that Mango plagiarized two models of her handbags. Despite an attempt of protection via the INPI and similarities between her products and the ones of Mango, the creator lost the lawsuit. She was sentenced to pay 6,000 euros to Mango over excessive procedure. On her weblog, the creator claims she wants to lodge an appeal. Several bloggers were surprised by the judicial decision saying it's unfair. The brand Mango reacted on Facebook via its official fanpage and answered also on the creator's blog.
- The world's 50 Richest Jews: 31-40: Isak Andic Jerusalem Post, 7 September 2010
- Football Player Gerard Pique Being Model HE by Mango, SoStyles.com, 25 February 2011
- HE by Mango becomes Mango Man, Yahoo! News, 12 November 2014
- "Zinedine Zidane becomes Mango's latest ambassador". Yahoo News. Yahoo. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- Shops Mango.com
- Tina Isaac. "Fresh Mango". First Style. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Letizia, de Mango para Mango ELPAÍS.com, 7 April 2011 (Spanish)
- Singh, Prachi (21 April 2015). "Mango group turnover increases 9.3 percent in FY14". FashionUnited. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Ahmed, Saeed; Lakhani, Leone (14 June 2013), "Bangladesh building collapse: An end to recovery efforts, a promise of a new start", CNN, retrieved 16 December 2013
- Zain Al-Mahmood, Syed (24 April 2013). "Matalan supplier among manufacturers in Bangladesh building collapse". TheGuardian.com. Guardian News and Media. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- 'Extreme Pricing' At What Cost? Retailer Joe Fresh Sends Reps To Bangladesh As Death Toll Rises Forbes, 30 April 2013
- Nelson, Dean (24 April 2013). "Bangladesh building collapse kills at least 82 in Dhaka". The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Alam, Julhas (24 April 2013). "At least 87 dead in Bangladesh building collapse". USA Today. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- Ovi, Ibrahim Hossain (2013), Buyers' compensation for Rana Plaza victims far from reality, retrieved 16 December 2013
- 6,000 € = about $ 8,500 USD (according to Xe.eu)
- Mango accused of copying Velvetine, Elise Hameau, 16 June 2011
- « Mango accusé de contrefaçon », Katrin Acou-Bouaziz, L'Express Styles, 15 June 2011. (French)
- « L'affaire Mango vs Velvetine », CD, Elle Belgique, 17 June 2011 (French)
- « Mango accusé de contrefaçon : (in)justice et mauvaise foi », Hélène Decommer, Le Plus (Nouvel Observateur), 17 June 2011 (French)
- spontaneous message « Le concept de Justice , VELVETINE vs MANGO » 9 June 2011, on the weblog of the brand Velvetine (French)
- QUAND LES GRANDES MARQUES PILLENT LES CRÉATEURS… Deedee, 14 June 2011 (French)
- Mango vs Velvetine : retour sur un BAD BUZZ MadmoiZelle.com, 17 June 2011 (French)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mango (clothing).|