Mangold (also Mangoldt, Mangolt) is a German surname, in origin from a given name. It was the name of a noble family of Weißenfels (Altenburger Land, Thuringia), named for one Manegoldus de Wizenfels (fl. 1260); branches of this family are extant, bearing the surnames von Mangoldt, Mangoldt-Gaudlitz (since 1888) or Mangoldt-Reiboldt (since 1878). The surname Mangold could arise independently as a patronymic based on the given name; it is currently most widespread in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
- Manegoldus de Wizenfels (fl. 1260), founder of the Thuringian house of Weißenfels.
- Mangold von Brandis (d. 1385), bishop of Constance.
People with the surname include:
- von Mangoldt
- Hans Carl Friedrich von Mangoldt (1854–1925), German mathematician
- Christoph Mangold (1719–1767), German anatomist and chemist
- Carl Amand Mangold (1813-1889), German composer
- Hilde Mangold (born 1898; née Proscholdt), German developmental biologist
- Tom Mangold (born 1934), British investigative journalist and author
- Robert Mangold (born 1937), American painter
- Sylvia Plimack Mangold (born 1938), American artist
- Mike Mangold (born 1955), American aerobatics pilot
- James Mangold (born 1963), American director and script writer
- Kevin Mangold (born 1968), American professional Thoroughbred jockey, stunt man and actor
- Nick Mangold (born 1984), American football player
- Andrej Mangold (born 1987), German basketball player
- Holley Mangold (born 1989), American Female Weightlifter
- Mangold v Helm
- Von Mangoldt function, an arithmetic function named for Hans Carl Friedrich von Mangoldt.
|This page lists people with the surname Mangoldt. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|