Mangonia Park station
|Tri-Rail commuter rail station|
|Location||1415 45th Street
Mangonia Park, Florida
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Connections||Palm Tran: 20, 31, 33|
|Website||Magnolia Park Station|
|Opened||October 28, 1998|
Mangonia Park is a Tri-Rail commuter rail station in Mangonia Park, Florida. This is the system's northernmost station. The station is located on 45th Street (CR 702), just west of Australian Avenue (CR 704A). There are 273 parking spaces at the station.
Every January, Palm Beach County Public School safety patrol boards charter an Amtrak train at the station for their annual trip to Washington, D.C. The train operates with a Silver Meteor consist plus several Horizon coaches. On the days this train operates, the northbound or southbound Silver Meteors are actually canceled since the train uses the equipment that would normally be used for those runs. This is the only time an Amtrak operated train stops at this station.
Mangonia Park is served by routes 20, 31, and 33 of Palm Tran, the county bus system. These buses serve The Gardens Mall, Downtown West Palm Beach, the VA Medical Center, and Cross County Plaza.
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority. "Magnolia Park Station" (PDF). Retrieved December 28, 2015.
- "Vets Factored Into Tri-rail Plans". Sun-Sentinel. Fort Lauderdale, Florida. August 14, 1996. Retrieved December 28, 2015.
- FloridaTrainKid (January 20, 2010). "Two Interesting January South Florida Trains". YouTube. Retrieved January 24, 2010.
- South Florida Regional Transportation Authority - Mangonia Park station
- Station from Google Maps Street View
|This Florida train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|