|Created by||David Richardson|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (5 unaired) (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||David Richardson
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Bats Left Throws Left Productions|
|Original network||USA Network|
|Original release||July 23– September 24, 2000|
An undercover Los Angeles, California Vice Cop, Daniel Henderson, loses his loving wife in a bizarre sea accident. While working for Greenpeace cutting dolphins out of tuna nets, she is herself swept up and canned in spring light water. In his despair he decides to move to Manhattan, AZ along with his son, to become sheriff and start a new life. Daniel likes the peace and quiet the desert has to offer while Atticus hates its small town ways. Described by critics as "Andy Griffith on acid," Manhattan, AZ is composed of many colorful characters and Area 61, an eerie Air Force base that officially doesn't exist and is the cause of many mysterious events nearby. The situations seem over the top but are cut from the headlines of the day. The hilarious dialogue is delivered deadpan. The episodes end with one of the actors speaking directly to the audience describing something in the episode with the end line of "We work in Television and we know better than you."
- Brian McNamara as Sheriff Daniel Henderson - Sheriff of very small Manhattan, AZ desert town. Former undercover Los Angeles vice cop. Former soldier in US Army in Panama.
- Vincent Berry as Atticus Finch Henderson - Son of Sheriff Daniel Henderson. Named after character from "To Kill A Mocking Bird". Atticus is portrayed by Chace Paddack during the first half of the episode as a chubby version. Episodes end with his voiceover that says "This Place Really Sucks".
- Chad Everett as Jake Manahttan - Mayor of his namesake town where he runs the town bar. He charges "His cost plus ten percent" for everything. He is a former Hollywood TV star.
- Mindy Sterling as Lona, wife of Lon, a pair of sex crazed, gun toting senior citizens.
- Robin Gammell as Lon, husband of Lona.
- Kate Hodge as Jane Pentowski - An Air Force airmen who likes Sheriff Henderson and wears very skimpy outfits while off duty.
- Stephen Tobolowsky as Dr. Bob - The town vet that doubles as the towns medical Doctor.
|No.||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|1||"Brown Parcels of Land"||Boris Damast||David Richardson||July 23, 2000|
|2||"Manhattan Cactus Serial Murders"||Boris Damast||David Richardson||July 30, 2000|
|3||"The Indian War"||Boris Damast||David Richardson||August 6, 2000|
|4||"The Dawged Deputy"||Tony Dow||Bill Canterbury||August 13, 2000|
|5||"Cattle Drive"||Boris Damast||Joe Port & Joe Wiseman||August 20, 2000|
|6||"Jake's Daughter"||Tom Gianas||Bill Freiberger||August 27, 2000|
|7||"Bees Story"||Max Tash||Mike Lisbe & Nate Reger||September 17, 2000|
|8||"Jake's Zoo"||Sanford Bookstaver||Mike Lisbe & Nate Reger||September 24, 2000|
|9||"Lt. Colonel's Boy"||Tony Dow||Al Aidekman||Unaired|
|10||"Cool Hand Jake"||Michael Grossman||Joe Port & Joe Wiseman||Unaired|
|11||"What Makes Atticus Run?"||Tony Dow||Joe Port & Joe Wiseman||Unaired|
|12||"Atticus Doesn't Live Here Anymore"||Michael Grossman||Mike Lisbe & Nate Reger||Unaired|
|13||"The Voyage Home"||Michael Grossman||Joe Port & Joe Wiseman||Unaired|