|Rey Fernández, Executive Vice President and General Manager|
Manhattan Prep (MGPrep, Inc.) is an American educational preparation company. The company was founded in 2000 in New York City by Zeke Vanderhoek, founder of the TEP charter school and a former New York public junior-high school teacher. It focuses on preparation for the GMAT, GRE, and LSAT. In December 2009, Manhattan Prep was acquired by Kaplan, Inc.
Manhattan Prep offers both on-site and virtual preparatory programs for students worldwide. Its curriculum is designed around on a "content based" approach that teaches the material covered on the exam rather than solely focusing on test-beating strategies. Their study guides are published by Simon & Schuster.
Manhattan Prep instructors must score at the 99th percentile on the relevant exam in order to be considered for employment. They also must have extensive prior experience teaching classes or tutoring students.
- Gootman, Elissa. At Charter School, Higher Teacher Pay The New York Times. Mar. 7, 2008.
- Di Meglio, Francesca. Seeking Shelter in Business Schools Washington Post. Aug. 19, 2010.
- Schweitzer, Karen.  "Businessmajors.about.com".
-  "PublishersWeekly.com".
- Ventura, Michael P.  The Village Voice. Oct. 22, 2008
- Di Meglio, Francesca. " Bloomberg BusinessWeek".