Manijeh Hekmat (Persian: منیژه حکمت) is an Iranian film director. Born in 1962 in Farmahin, Iran, she has worked since 1980 as an assistant director and production designer in over 25 films. She directed her first feature film Women's Prison (Zendān-e Zanān) in 2002. This film has been shown at over 80 international film festivals and has received seven prizes. Three Women (Seh Zan) is Hekmat’s second feature film made in 2007. Hekmat has produced five noted films which include the award-winning feature films The Girl in the Sneakers and A Bunch of Grass, the latter a German-produced film made in the Iranian Kurdistan.
- City of Mice 2, Shahr-e Mushha 2 (Original title), 2014, A movie for kids, Producer
- There Are Things You Don't Know, "Chiz-haie hast keh nemidani" (original title), 2010, Producer
- Poopak and Mash Mashallah, Poopak va Mash Mashallah (original title), Comedy, 2010, Producer
- Sedaha, 2009, Producer
- Three Women, Seh Zan (Original title), 2007, Director, Producer
- Women's Prison, Zendān-e Zanān (Original title), 2002, Screenplay writer, Director, Producer
- Some photographs of Ms Manijeh Hekmat at Getty Images: .
- Manijeh Hekmat at IMDb.
- Manijeh Hekmat, Dubai International Film Festival, .
- Alissa Simon, Manijeh Hekmat and Women's Prison, Senses of Cinema, October 2002, .
- Women's Prison: a film by Manijeh Hekmat - Iran, 2002 (106 minutes), The Global Film Initiative, .
- Sinā Saa'di, Prisoner and Prison Officer both Victims (Zendāni va Zendānbān har do Ghorbāni), in Persian, BBC Persian, 7 September 2002, .
- Alissa Simon, Three Women - Seh Zan (Iran), Variety, Festival Reviews, Wednesday, February 20, 2008, .
- 3 Women - Se Zan, Afi Fest, October 30 - November 9, 2008, .
|This article about an Iranian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|