|Website||http://cqd.eecs.northwestern.edu/research/research.php Video: The Franklin Institute: Manijeh Razeghi, Inventor of Airport Scanners and Lasers That Carry the Internet|
Manijeh Razeghi is an Iranian-American scientist. A pioneer in the field of semiconductors and optoelectronic devices, her work at the core of 20th century optical fiber telecommunications resulted in the development of new technologies.
In 1991, she moved to the US to become the Walter P. Murphy Professor and Director of the Center for Quantum Devices, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University. In 2018, Razeghi won the Ben Franklin Medal for Electrical Engineering for "for the realization of high-power terahertz frequency sources operating at room temperature using specially designed and manufactured semiconductor lasers, which enables a new generation of imagers, chemical/biological sensors, and ultra-broadband wireless communication systems." She developed lasers that can detect explosives and pathogens as well as electronic devices that will eventually deliver turbo-charged, super-fast WiFi.
- Benjamin Franklin Medal in Electrical Engineering - 2018
- Elected Lifetime Fellow of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) - 2017
- Jan Czochralski Gold Medal - 2016
- IBM Faculty Award - 2013
- Elected Lifetime Fellow of Materials Research Society (MRS)- 2008
- Elected Fellow of American Physical Society (APS) - 2004
- Elected Fellow of Optical Society of America (OSA) - 2004
- Elected Fellow of International Engineering Consortium (IEC) - 2003
- Elected Fellow of Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE)- 2000
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Achievement Award - 1995
- IBM Europe Science and Technology Prize - 1987
- McClintock, Ryan. "Center for Quantum Devices - Director, Professor Manijeh Razeghi". cqd.eecs.northwestern.edu. Retrieved 2018-06-23.
- "Razeghi, Manijeh | Faculty | Northwestern Engineering". www.mccormick.northwestern.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "The Franklin Institute Awards". March 15, 2018.
- "Manijeh Razeghi Inventions, Patents and Patent Applications - Justia Patents Search". patents.justia.com. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "Manijeh Razeghi - Google Scholar Citations". scholar.google.com. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- "2018 Benjamin Franklin Medal in Electrical Engineering". The Franklin Institute.
- "IEEE Life Fellow Profile".
- Morris, Amanda (September 12, 2016). "Northwestern University Engineering News". Northwestern University.
- "Professor Manijeh Razeghi of Northwestern University receives Jan Czochralski Gold Medal Award". SPIE International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- "IBM Faculty of the Year Award Recipients" (PDF). IBM. 2013.
- "Materials Research Society Fellows". MRS. 2008.
- "MRS Fellows".
- "American Physical Society Fellows". American Physical Society. 2004.
- "Optical Society of America Fellows 2004". Optical Society of America.
- "International Engineering Consortium Fellows". 2018.
- "List of SPIE Fellows". The International Society for Optics and Photonics. 2018.
- "Society of Women Engineers Achievement Award Recipients".