|Cinematography||U.K. Senthil Kumar|
|23 March 2007|
Manikanda is an Indian film in the Tamil language. Arjun plays a dual role, that of father and son. The film was announced in 2002 and was in making for long time, it was finally released in 2007 promoting as Jyothika's "last release".This movie is remake of Jayam Manadera
- Arjun as Manikanda/Raja (Dual Role)
- Jyothika as Mahalakshmi (Maha)
- Vadivelu as Madhayaanai
- P. Vasu
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Balasingam
- Chandrasekhar as Veerasamy
- O. A. K. Sundar
- Hemant Ravan
- Sampath Ram
- Sathya Prakash
| style="width:50%; text-align:left; vertical-align:top;" |
Selva who earlier directed "Karna" with Arjun announced the project in mid-2003. Jyothika was selected to play the lead role uniting with Arjun for second time after Rhythm. P. Vasu, Pasupathi, Ashish Vidyarthi were selected to play villains. There were rumours that film's title would be changed as "Nanba" but later proved untrue. The film's story happens in a village called Keeripatti where elections were never held for so many years. MGR's hit song "Mama Mama" has been remixed in this film. Due to financial crisis the film was shelved for sometime and Selva and Arjun went on to do Aanai. During the time, Selva shelved other projects like "Ma.mu" (with Sathyaraj and Sibiraj) and "Thotta" (with Jeevan and Priyamani which he later continued) and finished Nenjil with Navdeep. Project was restarted in 2006 with a change of storyline and it was finally completed.
Soundtrack is composed by Deva.
- Pondicherry - Shankar Mahadevan, Anuradha Sriram
- Inji Murappa - Tippu, Anuradha Sriram
- Hey Mukundha - Karthik, Pop Shalini
- Madhippukuriya - Manikka Vinayagam, Jailakshmi
- Mama Mama - Tippu, Anuradha Sriram
- "Manikanda on Friday 14,10:30 PM on Raj TV November". Burrp TV Guide. 14 November 2014. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|