Manikpur, West Bengal
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-WB|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Howrah|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Sankrail|
Manikpur is located at .
As per 2011 Census of India Manikpur had a total population of 19,804 of which 10,392 (52%) were males and 9,412 (48%) were females. Population below 6 years was 2,253. The total number of literates in Manikpur was 13,378 (76.22 % of the population over 6 years).
Manikpur was part of Kolkata Urban Agglomeration in 2011 census.
As of 2001[update] India census, Manikpur had a population of 19,125. Males constitute 55% of the population and females 45%. Manikpur has an average literacy rate of 61%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 67%, and female literacy is 54%. In Manikpur, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- "District-wise list of stautory towns". Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-01-28.
- "Yahoo maps of Manikpur". Yahoo maps. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011" (PDF). Constituents of Urban Agglomeration Having Population Above 1 Lakh. Census of India 2011. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article about a location in West Bengal is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|