|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur|
|Known for||AKS primality test|
|Awards||Clay Research Award (2002) |
S S Bhatnagar Prize (2003)
ICTP Prize (2003)
Fulkerson Prize (2006)
Gödel Prize (2006)
G.D. Birla Award for Scientific Research (2009)
Padma Shri (2013)
|Institutions||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur|
|Doctoral advisor||Somenath Biswas|
|Doctoral students||Neeraj Kayal |
Manindra Agrawal (born 20 May 1966) is a professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and the Deputy Director at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. He was also the recipient of the first Infosys Prize for Mathematics and the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award in Mathematical Sciences in 2003. He has been honored with Padma Shri in 2013.
He co-created the AKS primality test with Neeraj Kayal and Nitin Saxena, for which he and his co-authors won the 2006 Fulkerson Prize, and the 2006 Gödel Prize. He was also awarded with 2002 Clay Research Award for this work.The test is the first unconditional deterministic algorithm to test an n-digit number for primality in a time that has been proven to be polynomial in n.
In September 2008, Agrawal was chosen for the first Infosys Mathematics Prize for outstanding contributions in the broad field of mathematics. He was a visiting scholar at the Institute for Advanced Study in 2003-04.
Awards and honors
- Clay Research Award (2002)
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology (2003)
- ICTP Prize (2003)
- IIT Kanpur Distinguished Alumnus Award (2003)
- Fulkerson Prize (2006)
- Gödel Prize (2006)
- G D Birla Award (2009)
- TWAS Prize (2010)
- Padma Shri (2013)
- ACCS-CDAC Foundation Award (2014)
- "INSA Fellow". INSA. 2016. Archived from the original on 12 August 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- Infosys Prize 2008 Archived 13 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "List of Padma awardees" (Press release). New Delhi: NDTV. 25 January 2013. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- Agrawal, Manindra. "Publications". Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- "Bangalore: IIT-Kanpur professor bags first Infosys Mathematics Prize". Mangalorean.com. 16 September 2008. Archived from the original on 14 July 2011.
- Institute for Advanced Study: A Community of Scholars
- "Prizes and Awards". The World Academy of Sciences. 2016.