Manipal Hospitals Group
|Care system||Public multi-specialty hospitals|
|Standards||NABH, NABL, AAHRPP|
Manipal Hospitals is a chain of multi-speciality hospitals in India. It is founded by Dr. Tonse Madhav Ananth Pai in 1953. Manipal Hospitals is part of the Manipal Education system and Medical Group.
Manipal Hospitals is a part of the Manipal Education and Medical Group (MEMG), who are pioneers in the field of education and healthcare delivery. The group’s flagship hospital was set up at HAL Airport Road in 1991 as a 600-bed quaternary care facility.
Dr. Tonse Madhav Ananth Pai was an Indian doctor, educationist and philanthropist. Dr. Pai also founded Manipal Education system and India's first self-financing medical college Kasturba Medical College, Manipal. He was awarded Padma Shri by the Government of India in 1972.
Manipal Hospitals has centers at different locations in India and Malaysia. There are 5 branches in Bangalore HAL Airport Road, Jayanagar, Malleshwaram, Whitefield, Koramangla Day Care and rest are in Delhi, Goa, Mangalore, Jaipur, Salem and Vijayawada in India. Manipal Hospitals has its international branches in Malaysia and Nigeria. Manipal Hospitals Klang located in Selangor, Malaysia and Manipal Vedic Lifecare Clinic located in Lagos, Nigeria.
Center Of Excellence
IBM Watson Health
Manipal Hospitals announced IBM Watson for Oncology in 2016. Watson is the first commercially available cognitive computing cloud platform that analyzes high volumes of data understands complex queries and proposes evidence based answers for them.
In 2015, Manipal Hospitals introduced its digital platform, Manipal Hospitals mobile app.
- Porter Prize for Value-Based Healthcare Delivery in 2017
- Standard Practices Award in Clinical Research 2012
- Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2006
- "Manipal Hospital: Latest News & Videos, Photos about Manipal Hospital | The Economic Times". The Economic Times.
- India, Press Trust of (30 August 2013). "Indian, Nigerian businessmen jointly builds hospital in Lagos". Business Standard India.
- "MANIPAL HOSPITALS ANNOUNCES NATIONAL LAUNCH OF IBM WATSON FOR ONCOLOGY". ibm.com. 29 July 2016.
- "Manipal Hospitals Use Wearables to Improve Patient Care". CIO India.
- "Manipal hospitals conferred prestigious "porter prize for value -based healthcare delivery" award - Media Infoline". Media Infoline. 31 May 2017.
- "Professor Michael E. Porter presented Porter Prize 2017 in Mumbai". The Hindu Business Line. 26 May 2017.
- Bureau, Our (6 February 2012). "Manipal Hospitals gets standard practices award". The Hindu Business Line.
- "Award for Manipal Hospital". The Hindu. 27 January 2006.