Manish Gupta (politician)
Manish Gupta in Kolkata. Nov 2015
|Succeeded by||Udayan Guha|
|Minister for Development & Planning|
21 May 2011 – 21 November 2012
|Succeeded by||Rachhpal Singh|
|Minister for Power|
21 November 2012 – 2016
13 May 2011 – 19 May 2016
|Preceded by||Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee|
|Succeeded by||Dr. Sujan Chakraborty|
|Born||10 November 1942|
|Political party||Trinamool Congress|
|Residence||20 Suren Tagore Road, Kolkata - 700 019|
Manish Gupta is an Indian politician and the present Minister for Power in the Government of West Bengal. He is also an Member of the Legislative Assembly (India). In this election he historically defeated 16,684 votes his former boss, the then incumbent Chief Minister of West Bengal, Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, who remained the MLA of this constituency for twenty-four years. He served under Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee as the Chief Secretary of West Bengal before he retired as an IAS officer. He also worked as the Chief Secretary of West Bengal under Chief Minister Jyoti Basu - a time when Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee was the Deputy Chief Minister.
- Gupta's Tribute to his Former Boss, Jyoti Basu
- Affidavits filed by Manish Gupta in 2011 Assembly Election of West Bengal
- "Buddhadeb loses at Jadavpur constituency", Hindustan Times, May 14, 2011.
- "The man who beat Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee for the first time in 24 years", NDTV, May 13, 2011.
- Great Fall of Bengal,Hindustan Times, May 14, 2011.
|This article about a West Bengal politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|