Manish Kaushik (boxer)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Weight(s)||Light weight (60 kg)|
|Born||11 January 1996|
Devsar, Bhiwani district, Haryana, India
Manish Kaushik (born 11 January 1996) is an Indian boxer who won a Silver Medal in 2018 Commonwealth Games, in the light weight division, Kaushik won Gold Medal at the 2017 National Boxing Games in the same weight category. He hails from the village of Devsar in the Bhiwani district of Haryana. He is employed with Indian army as the Subedar.
Early life and debut in boxing
Manish Kaushik was born in a Pandit family on 11 January 1996 in Devsar village, 5 kilometers (3.1 mi) from Bhiwani, Haryana. His father, Somdutt Sharma, is a farmer, while his mother is a homemaker. Kaushik did his primary schooling in devsar and secondary schooling in Bhiwani and finally received a bachelor's degree from Govt. College of Education,Bhiwani. kaushik rose as early as 4 a.m. in the mornings to balance his training and studies. In order to ensure a better life for their underprivileged family, Kaushik decided to learn boxing. In 2008, boxer Jitender Kumar participated in the 2008 Summer Olympics so the craze for boxing was increased. After of it kaushik succeeded in entering the Indian Army in 2016 with his boxing credentials, kaushik, boxing quickly grew from an interest and passion to a career choice. Manish kaushik became national Champion for the first time when he beat defending champion Shiva Thapa in 2017.
Commonwealth Games 2018
- Won against M Alexander Trinidad and Tobago W 4–0
- Won against C French of England in the quarters, W 5–0
- Won against J McGivern of Northern Ireland in the Semi-final, W 4–1
- Loose 3–2 against Garside of Australia in the final and became Silver Medalist.
Asian Game Test Event Indonesia 2018
Kaushik won gold medal in his weight category in Asian Game Test Event held in Jakarta Indonesia.
Kazakhstan International Boxing Tournament 2017
Doha International Boxing Tournament 2015
- "Commonwealth Games 2018: Boxing 60 Kg Men's Quarterfinals, India's Manish Kaushik fighting for medal". Sportskeeda.
- "The farmer's son and India's big boxing hope".
- India, Press Trust of. "Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar enter finals of National Boxing Championships".
- "Highlights, Commonwealth Games 2018 Gold Coast: Heena Sidhu wins gold in 25m pistol; Indian boxers shine on Day 6 LIVE News, Latest Updates, Live blog, Highlights and Live coverage – Firstpost". firstpost.com.
- "Commonwealth Games 2018: Boxer Vikas Krishnan assures medal; Gaurav Solanki, Manish Kaushik move to semi-final – Firstpost". firstpost.com.
- "CWG 2018 Live, Boxing Live Updates: Naman Tanwar loses 91kg semifinal bout, settles for Bronze". 13 April 2018.
- IANS. "Indian Boxers Win 10 Medals at 2018 Asian Games Test Tourney".
- "Indian Boxers Strike Gold at Galym Zharylgapov Boxing Tournament".
- "Indian boxers win four gold medals at Doha International – Times of India".