Malhotra gracing ‘Filmfare Glamour & Style Awards October 2016’
5 December 1966 |
|Known for||Bollywood stylist & couturier|
|Relatives||Punit Malhotra (Nephew)Dinesh Malhotra and Rakesh Malhotra(Brothers)|
Manish Malhotra is one of India's most successful fashion designers. Malhotra has designed for many leading actresses in Bollywood. He is known in the Indian film industry for his different style and his ability to envision a 'look' for the character. He is known for designing the costumes for Urmila Matondkar in the film Rangeela. Stars including Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Kajol, Karisma Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukherji, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez, Sonakshi Sinha, Preity Zinta and Parineeti Chopra have worn his designs. Although he usually designs for men, he designed for Shahrukh Khan in Mohabbatein and Imran Khan in I Hate Luv Storys. He was also asked to design clothes for Michael Jackson when he visited India for a Bollywood show.
Manish has trained fellow designer Surily Goel, who made her debut at Lakme Fashion Week 2006.
His designs were worn by Kareena Kapoor in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001). He designed for Sushmita Sen in Main Hoon Na (2004), Kajol in Fanaa and he has designed for Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji in the film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006). He showcased his new collection in April 2006 at Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai. Kajol and Preity Zinta, actresses who are friends of the designer, walked the runway for him. He also has designed Kareena Kapoor's wedding outfits. Not only has he designed costumes for Bollywood stars but he has also styled and designed costumes for Hollywood celebrities such as Demi Moore, Kylie Minogue, Reese Witherspoon, Karolina Kurkova, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell.
He recently designed clothes for Bajrangi Bhaijaan(2015), 2 states(2014), Once upon a time in Mumbai dobara,(2013) Yeh Jawani hai Deewani(2013), Jab tak hai jaan(2012), Agent Vinod(2012), Agneepath(2012)nd Ek main aur ek tu(2012).
- 1999 Bollywood Award for Costume Design - Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 2002 Bollywood Awards Designer of Year - Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
- 2005 Bollywood Awards Designer of Year - Veer Zaara
- 2007 Bollywood Awards Designer of Year - Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna
- Zee Cine Award Zee Cine Award for Costume Design
- Zee Cine Award for Best Costume for Mohabbatein
- 2001 IIFA Award for Best Costume - Mohabbatein
- 2002 IIFA Award for Best Costume for Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
- 2004 IIFA Award for Best Costume for Kal Ho Naa Ho
- Showtime Opinion Poll Award for Raja Hindustani
- Siemen's Viewer's Choice Award for Dil To Pagal Hai
- Stylish Designer Of the Year at the Elle Style Awards in 1999
- Indo American Society Award for contribution to Fashion Designing
- Indira Priyadarshini Memorial Award for his contribution to the fashion industry
- Manish was Felicitated by National Institute Of Fashion Technology
- Indian Affairs of Network 7 Media Group felicitated Manish at India Leadership Conclave 2013 as "Fashion Icon of the Decade 2013".
Costume Design Filmography
- "Profile: Manish Malhotra". India Fashion Week. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Celebrity Photo Gallery, Celebrity Wallpapers, Celebrity Videos, Bio, News, Songs, Movies". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- Friday, By Priya Joshi, (26 April 2013). "Manish Malhotra designing change". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Manish Malhotra's journey in the fashion industry". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Manish Malhotra the Flamboyant Designer - DESIblitz". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "TV's best & worst talkshow hosts". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Ace Designer Renowned Fashion Expert Manish Malhotra Is The Fashion Icon Of The Year 2013 At 4th Annual India Leadership Conclave Business Leadership Awards 2013 - Breakfast News TV". 1 March 2016. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Manish Malhotra bags best designer award". 4 July 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "4th Annual India Leadership Conclave & Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards 2013 held in Mumbai - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manish Malhotra.|