Manish Malhotra at WIFT's felicitation, May 2013
|Relatives||Punit Malhotra (Nephew)Dicky Malhotra and Rakesh Malhotra(Brothers)|
Manish Malhotra is one of India's most successful fashion designers. Malhotra has designed for many leading actresses in Bollywood. He is known in the Indian film industry for his different style and his ability to envision a 'look' for the character. He is known for designing the costumes for Urmila Matondkar in the film Rangeela. Stars including Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Kajol, Karisma Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, Kareena Kapoor, Rani Mukherji, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Sonam Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Sonakshi Sinha, Preity Zinta and Parineeti Chopra have worn his designs. Although he usually designs for women, he designed for Shahrukh Khan in Mohabbatein and Imran Khan in I Hate Luv Storys. He was also asked to design clothes for Michael Jackson when he visited India for a Bollywood show.
Manish has trained fellow designer Surily Goel, who made her debut at Lakme Fashion Week 2006.
His designs were worn by Kareena Kapoor in the film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001). He designed for Sushmita Sen in Main Hoon Na (2004), Kajol in Fanaa and he has designed for Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji in the film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006). He showcased his new collection in April 2006 at Lakme Fashion Week in Mumbai. Kajol and Preity Zinta, actresses who are friends of the designer, walked the runway for him. He also has designed Kareena Kapoor's wedding outfits. Not only has he designed costumes for Bollywood stars but he has also styled and designed costumes for Hollywood celebrities such as Demi Moore, Kylie Minogue, Reese Witherspoon, Karolina Kurkova, Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell.
He recently designed clothes for Bajrangi Bhaijaan(2015), 2 states(2014), Once upon a time in Mumbai dobara,(2013) Yeh Jawani hai Deewani(2013), Jab tak hai jaan(2012), Agent Vinod(2012), Agneepath(2012)nd Ek main aur ek tu(2012).
- 1999 Bollywood Award for Costume Design - Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
- 2002 Bollywood Awards Designer of Year - Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
- 2005 Bollywood Awards Designer of Year - Veer Zaara
- 2007 Bollywood Awards Designer of Year - Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna
- Zee Cine Award Zee Cine Award for Costume Design
- Zee Cine Award for Best Costume for Mohabbatein
- 2001 IIFA Award for Best Costume - Mohabbatein
- 2002 IIFA Award for Best Costume for Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
- 2004 IIFA Award for Best Costume for Kal Ho Naa Ho
- Showtime Opinion Poll Award for Raja Hindustani
- Siemen's Viewer's Choice Award for Dil To Pagal Hai
- Stylish Designer Of the Year at the Elle Style Awards in 1999
- Indo American Society Award for contribution to Fashion Designing
- Indira Priyadarshini Memorial Award for his contribution to the fashion industry
- Manish was Felicitated by National Institute Of Fashion Technology
- Indian Affairs of Network 7 Media Group felicitated Manish at India Leadership Conclave 2013 as "Fashion Icon of the Decade 2013".
Costume Design Filmography
|Year||Film||Actors Designed for|
|1995||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge||Kajol|
|1996||Khamoshi: The Musical||Manisha Koirala|
|1996||Indian (Tamil)||Manisha Koirala and Urmila Matondkar|
|1996||Raja Hindustani||Karisma Kapoor|
|1997||Gupt: The Hidden Truth||Manisha Koirala and Kajol|
|1997||Dil To Pagal Hai||Madhuri Dixit and Karisma Kapoor|
|1997||Judaai||Sridevi and Urmila Matondkar|
|1998||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai||Kajol and Rani Mukerji|
|1999||Dil Kya Kare||Kajol and Mahima Chaudhry|
|2000||Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai||Ameesha Patel|
|2000||Chal Mere Bhai||Karishma Kapoor|
|2000||Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai||Aishwarya Rai|
|2001||Ek Rishtaa: The Bond of Love||Juhi Chawla and Karisma Kapoor|
|2001||Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham||Kajol, Jaya Bachchan, Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukerji|
|2002||Haan Maine Bhi Pyaar Kiya||Karishma Kapoor|
|2003||Talaash: The Hunt Begins...||Kareena Kapoor|
|2003||Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon||Kareena Kapoor|
|2003||Kal Ho Naa Ho||Jaya Bachchan and Preity Zinta|
|2004||Main Hoon Naa||Sushmita Sen|
|2005||Bewafaa||Kareena Kapoor and Shamita Shetty|
|2006||Chup Chup Ke||Kareena Kapoor|
|2006||Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna||Preity Zinta, Shahrukh Khan, Rani Mukerji, Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan and Kirron Kher|
|2007||Sivaji: The Boss (Tamil)||Rajinikanth, Shriya Saran, Nayantara and Vivek|
|2007||Laaga Chunari Mein Daag||Konkona Sen Sharma|
|2007||Aaja Nachle||Madhuri Dixit|
|2007||Om Shanti Om||Shah rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Shreyas Talpade, Arjun Rampal, Kirron Kher|
|2008||U Me Aur Hum||Kajol|
|2008||Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic||Rani Mukerji|
|2008||Dostana||Priyanka Chopra and Shilpa Shetty|
|2009||3 Idiots||Kareena Kapoor|
|2010||My Name is Khan||Kajol and Shahrukh Khan|
|2010||We Are Family||Kajol and Kareena Kapoor|
|2010||I Hate Luv Storys||Sonam Kapoor and Imran Khan|
|2010||Enthiran (Tamil)||Aishwarya Rai|
|2010||Action Replayy||Aishwarya Rai|
|2011||Rockstar (2011 film)||Nargis Fakhri|
|2011||Ra.One||Kareena Kapoor and Shahrukh Khan|
|2012||Agneepath||Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif|
|2012||Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu||Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan|
|2012||Agent Vinod||Kareena Kapoor|
|2012||Dangerous Ishhq||Karisma Kapoor|
|2012||Student Of The Year||Alia Bhatt|
|2012||Jab Tak Hai Jaan||Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma|
|2013||Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani||Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone and Kalki Koechlin|
|2013||Chennai Express||Deepika Padukone|
|2013||Krrish 3||Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut|
|2013||Gori Tere Pyaar Mein||Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan|
|2013||R... Rajkumar||Sonakshi Sinha|
|2014||2 States||Alia Bhatt|
- "Profile: Manish Malhotra". India Fashion Week. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Celebrity Photo Gallery, Celebrity Wallpapers, Celebrity Videos, Bio, News, Songs, Movies". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- Friday, By Priya Joshi, (26 April 2013). "Manish Malhotra designing change". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Manish Malhotra's journey in the fashion industry". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Manish Malhotra the Flamboyant Designer - DESIblitz". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "TV's best & worst talkshow hosts". Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Ace Designer Renowned Fashion Expert Manish Malhotra Is The Fashion Icon Of The Year 2013 At 4th Annual India Leadership Conclave Business Leadership Awards 2013 - Breakfast News TV". 1 March 2016. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "Manish Malhotra bags best designer award". 4 July 2011. Retrieved 11 September 2016.
- "4th Annual India Leadership Conclave & Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards 2013 held in Mumbai - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manish Malhotra.|