Manish Mehrotra, celebrity Chef from India
|Born||20 January 1974|
|Education||Diploma in Hotel Management|
|Cooking style||Indian cuisine|
Manish Mehrotra is a chef in India. He has won several awards including Foodistan, a television cooking game show by NDTV GoodTimes, Vir Sanghvi Award, Best Chef of 2010 & 2012, HT City Crystal Awards, American Express Best Chef of the Year. He was recently on Master Chef India 2015 as the Guest Chef, and has been inducted into The Order Of Escoffier Disciples. Mehrotra, is the Corporate Chef, Luxury Dining for 'Old World Hospitality Pvt. Ltd.' and heads the kitchens of Indian Accent in New Delhi, Oriental Octopus in New Delhi and Lavasa. Indian Accent has been awarded the 'S. Pellegrino Best Restaurant in India' by Asia's 50 Best Restaurants 2016 for the second consecutive year.
He calls his cooking style "modern Indian cuisine," and as "Indian food with an international accent," or the other way around. He participated in the 2011 Gourmet Summit in Singapore, being the only Indian Chef to be invited.
Early life and education
He was born in Patna, Bihar and spent most of his childhood in Patna. He did his schooling from St. Xavier's High School, Patna and high school from New Era Pulic School, New Delhi. and hotel management from Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai. Deciding to opt for hotel management was a conscious decision for Mehrotra and during the course he developed extreme liking for food production.
He started his career by getting selected as the Kitchen Management Trainee for the Taj Group of Hotels, where he mastered the art of pan Asian cuisine. Mehrotra joined Old World Hospitality's Oriental Octopus and travelled across Asia to train in Pan Asian Cuisine. In 2009, he designed the contemporary Indian menu of Indian Accent, at The Manor, New Delhi. The restaurant serves Indian food with global ingredients and techniques with the flavours and traditions of India.
- "Chef Manish Mehrotra an Introduction and Interview". Indianfoodfreak.com. 2013-02-16. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- Manish Mehrotra wins 'Foodistan' - Yahoo News India
- Vir Sanghvi
- A delicious victory - The Hindu
- Indian Chef Manish Mehrotra wins 'Foodistan'
- Foodistan Episode 26: Grand Finale Video: NDTV.com
- The National Critics Choice - Master Chef Manish Mehrotra Archived 2013-11-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Delhi's top 10 restaurants - | Photo10 | India Today |
- Postcard From Tom: Indian Accent, a jewel box of a restaurant in New Delhi - Washington Post
- World Gourmet Summit 2011
- ANOOTHI VISHAL (2010-05-17). "Duck confit musallam - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Kitchen King". Telegraphindia.com. 2012-05-09. Retrieved 2013-11-02.