|Full name||Manjrekar James|
|Date of birth||5 August 1993|
|Place of birth||Roseau, Dominica|
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Defender, Midfielder|
|2003–2009||North York Hearts-Azzuri|
|2018–2019||→ Fredericia (loan)||17||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of March 16, 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of October 16, 2018
James was born in Roseau, Dominica while his father was born in Pichelin and his mother was born in Grand Bay. James and his parents moved to North York, Ontario, Canada when he was nine years old.
At age 10, James signed for North York Hearts-Azzuri youth soccer club. At age 16, James signed for Sigma FC of the Ontario Soccer League. At age 18, James went on trial with RCD Mallorca of La Liga. Although he had a successful trial at the club, James was not signed because of strict visa laws for foreign players in Spain. Following his trial at Mallorca, James went on a 10-day trial with SC Paderborn 07 of the 2. Bundesliga. During the trial, James went directly into training with the first team but was ultimately not signed.
In mid April 2013, James went on trial with Pécsi MFC in the Nemzeti Bajnokság I, the top division of the Hungarian football league system. After several months of training with the reserve squad, James was offered a contract. James played with the reserve squad in the 3rd division and continued to train with both the reserve and senior squads. He was expected to be called into the first team for the first time in early September 2013. James made his professional debut March 18, 2014 in a Ligakupa, the Hungarian league cup, match against Videoton FC. He then played another cup match against the same opponent on April 2, 2014. James started and played the full 90 minutes in both matches. James made his league debut for Pécsi on 18 October 2014, coming on as a late substitute for Roland Frőhlich and playing two minutes in a 0-2 defeat to Ferencvárosi. It had been two years since he joined Pécsi before he made his first-team league debut. James made his second league appearance for the club two matches later against Dunaújváros on 1 November 2014. In the match, James entered as a 75th-minute substitute for Andrej Čaušić. At the end of the season, Pécs were relegated to the Hungarian fourth division due an unstable financial situation. James and many other first team players were subsequently released.
James moved to fellow Hungarian side Vasas on June 8, 2016. Prior to the 2017-18 Vasas season, James was criticized by the club for playing internationally with Canada during the 2017 Gold Cup, while Vasas played in the first round of the Europa League qualifiers. Despite this, James would start regularly for Vasas in 2017-18.
James joined Danish Superliga side Midtjylland on June 12, 2018, signing a 4-year deal. He was immediately loaned to Danish 1st Division Fredericia for the 2018-19 season. James made his debut for Fredericia on July 29 against Næstved, and would score his first goal for the club on August 5 against Roskilde. In January 2019, Midtjylland recalled him from Fredericia. He made his competitive debut for Midtjylland on March 13, starting in a Danish Cup match against Kolding IF. He made his Superliga debut five days later on March 17 against SönderjyskE.
James was called into camp with the Canada U18 squad in December 2011. In 2012 and 2013, he was again called into several camps with the U20 team in preparation for the 2013 CONCACAF U-20 Championship in Mexico. In the tournament, James made one appearance, a 2-4 defeat to the United States in which he received a red card ejection. James was called up to the senior team for the first time in May 2014 for friendlies against Bulgaria and Moldova in Austria on May 23 and 27, respectively. James received his second call up to the national team for a January 2015 camp and friendlies against Iceland. He made his debut for Canada as a starter in the first of the two friendlies on January 16, 2015. James became cap-tied to Canada on June 11, 2015 against his native Dominica. Prior to the match, James received harassment from Dominica fans. James scored his first goal for Canada against Honduras in San Pedro Sula on September 2, 2016.
- As of March 17, 2019
|Pécsi MFC||OTP Bank Liga||2013-14||0||0||2||0||0||0||2||0|
|Diósgyőri VTK||OTP Bank Liga||2015-16||17||0||0||0||0||0||17||0|
|FC Midtjylland||Danish Superliga||2018-19||1||0||1||0||0||0||2||0|
|FC Fredericia (loan)||1st Division||2018-19||17||1||3||0||0||0||20||1|
International career statistics
- As of match played October 16, 2018
|Canada national team|
- As of match played June 13, 2017. Canada score listed first
|1||September 2, 2016||Estadio Olímpico Metropolitano, San Pedro Sula, Honduras||6||Honduras||1–0||1–2||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2||June 13, 2017||Saputo Stadium, Montreal, Canada||11||Curaçao||1–1||2–1||Friendly|
- "CSA Profile". Canada Soccer Association. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Manjrekar James Signs with PMFC of Hungarian First Division". Sigma Sports Solutions. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Sigma FC Defender, Manjrekar James Off to Mallorca". Sigma Sports Solutions. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Manjrekar James-Next Stop Germany". Sigma Sports Solutions. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Soccerway Profile". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "VIDEOTON VS. PÉCSI MFC 3 - 0". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "PÉCSI MFC VS. VIDEOTON 1 - 1". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "FTC-PMFC-MATIAS 2-0" (in Hungarian). PMFC. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "FERENCVÁROS VS. PÉCSI MFC 2 - 0". Soccerway. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Torontótól az NB I-ig" (in Hungarian). PMFC. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "DUNAÚJVÁROS – PMFC-MATIAS 3-2" (in Hungarian). PMFC. Retrieved 2 November 2014.
- "Manjrekar James a DVTK játékosa". August 25, 2015.
- "A Vasas játékosa lett James Manjrekar". June 8, 2016.
- "Vasas-Executive: James abandoned the club". 24.hu. July 4, 2017.
- "Vasas: "sauna experience" in Israel, five missing from Beitar". Nemzeti Sport. June 28, 2017.
- "FC MIDTJYLLAND HENTER CANADISK LANDSHOLDSSPILLER". June 12, 2018.
- "Nederlag til Næstved i sæsonåbningen". July 29, 2018.
- Andreas Dyhrberg Andreassen (August 5, 2018). "FC Fredericia er i gang: Sejrede ude over Roskilde FC". Fredericia Avisen.
- "FCM er meget tilfredse med FCF-samarbejde". January 2, 2019.
- "Canada MNT sets up camp ahead of Bulgaria, Moldova matches". Canada Soccer. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Clear plan for Canada MNT ahead of Iceland friendlies". Canada Soccer. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Canada MNT outsmarted by Iceland, prepares for rematch". Canada Soccer Association. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Magazine, RedNation Online: Your Canadian Soccer. "RedNation Interview Series: Manjrekar James". www.rednationonline.ca.
- Larson, Kurt (September 2, 2016). "Canada falls 2-1 to Honduras in World Cup qualifier".