|Residence||Pullu, Thrissur, Kerala, India|
|Occupation||Film actress, dancer|
|Years active||1995–1999, 2014–present|
|Relatives||Madhu Warrier (brother)|
Manju Warrier (pronounced: Mañcu Vāryar) is an Indian film actress known for her work in Malayalam films. She is regarded as one of the most successful leading actresses of the Malayalam film industry.
Manju Warrier made her debut in Sakshyam (1995) at the age of 16. Her prominent films include Sallapam, Ee Puzhayum Kadannu, Thooval Kottaram (1996), Kaliyattam, Krishnagudiyil Oru Pranayakalathu (1997), Daya, Summer in Bethlehem, Kanmadam (1998), and Pathram (1999). She won the National Film Award - Special Jury Award for her performance in Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu (1999). She won the Kerala State Film Award for Best Actress for the film Ee Puzhayum Kadannu and has won four consecutive Filmfare Award for Best Actress. She got married to actor Dileep in 1998, and quit acting at that time after a 4 year long career. She made a comeback to cinema after a 14-year sabbatical with the critically and commercially successful film How Old Are You (2014) which fetched her many accolades notably her fifth Filmfare Award for Best Actress. With this win,she holds the record of maximum Filmfare Award.
Manju Warrier was born in Nagercoil in the year 1978. Her father Madhavan Warrier was working with Sundaram Finance, Nagercoil regional office. She did her primary schooling in CSI Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Nagercoil. After her father got promoted, they came back to Kerala and settled in Kannur. She studied at Chinmaya Vidyalaya, Kannur and later at Chovva Higher Secondary School. She had completed her graduation from SN College, Kannur.
Even when she was at school, Manju showed extra ordinary talent in dance, and won many awards. She was conferred Kalathilakam in Kerala Youth Festival for 2 years. She first appeared in miniscreen in a television serial Moharavam which was telecasted in Doordarshan. At the age of 17, she debuted in the film Sakshyam (1995). Later at the age of 18, she acted in the movie Sallapam (1996), co-starring actor Dileep, whom she later married. Since then, she acted in around 20 Malayalam movies over a span of three years. She has won numerous awards.
Her performance in the movie Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu won a special mention from the jury for National Film Awards. Her other films include Kanmadam and Aaraam Thampuran with Mohanlal, Ee Puzhayum Kadannu and Kudamattam with her husband Dileep, Summer In Bethlahem, Pranayavarnangal, Pathram and Kaliyattam with Suresh Gopi, Irattakuttikalude Achan, Kaliveedu, Thooval Kottaram and Krishnagudiyil Oru Pranayakalathu with Jayaram.
She married actor Dileep. After her marriage with Dileep, she retired from the film industry.
In 2011, she appeared in the promotion event for the movie Gaddama alongside Samyuktha Varma. In 2012 October 24, she performed Kuchipudi in Guruvayur Sree Krishna Temple. Later in July 2013, she acted in a commercial with Amitabh Bachchan. Her comeback announcement was greeted with much fanfare by fans and the media. In a subsequent interview, Manju Warrier thanked her fans for welcoming her back to the industry and described the opportunity to work with Mr. Bachchan as one of the most memorable experiences of her life. It was announced that she would make a come back to the Malayalam film industry after a long break of 14 years through Ranjith's untitled project alongside Mohanlal, but this project did not materialise.
Manju Warrier was recently the cynosure of attention as she received the book penned by her friend and actress Navya Nair. Navya has written Navayarasangal and the first copy was received by Manju Warrier from the hands of veteran poet and activist Sugathakumari. Manju Warrier mesmerised the audience in Calicut when she presented a Kuchipudi recital as part of the tribute ceremony of late Mullasseri Raju. She recently published a book titled Sallapam.
She made her much awaited return to cinema with Rosshan Andrrews's How Old Are You in 2014. Manju played the character of Nirupama Rajeev, a UD clerk in Revenue Department. The film earned positive reviews from critics and has been received exceptionally well by the audiences. She has a slew of other film projects announced. She followed it by acting in Sathyan Anthikad's Ennum Eppozhum which reunites her with Mohanlal after a gap of 17 years. Her next project was Rani Padmini by Aashiq Abu along with Rima Kallingal released in October 2015.
Manju got married to Malayalam actor Dileep on 20 October 1998 at Aluva Sri Krishna Temple. The couple have a daughter, Meenakshi. Dileep and Manju had filed for divorce in 2014 and it was granted in January 2015.
- 1996 - Best Actress – Malayalam - Ee Puzhayum Kadannu
- 1997 - Best Actress – Malayalam - Aaraam Thampuran
- 1998 - Best Actress – Malayalam - Kanmadam
- 1999 - Best Actress – Malayalam - Pathram
- 2014 - Best Actress – Malayalam - How Old Are You?
- 1998 - Best Actress - Kanmadam
- 1999 - Best Actress - Kannezhuthi Pottum Thottu, Pathram
- 2015 - Best Actress - How Old Are You
- Screen-Videocon Awards
- 1997 - Best Actress - Aaraam Thampuran, Krishnagudiyil Oru Pranayakalathu
- 1996 - Best Actress - Ee Puzhayum Kadannu
- Film Fans Awards
- 1996 - Best Actress - Thooval Kottaram
- 2014 - Best Actress - How Old Are You
- 2015 - Best Actress - How Old Are You
- 2015 - Best Actress - How Old Are You
- 2014 - Manorama Newsmaker 2014 - awarded on 22 September 2015
- Moharavam (Doordarshan)
- "It's Mohanlal v/s Manju Warrier this weekend". Rediff.com. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 2014-05-21.
- "Rahman bags 12th Filmfare award". Pvv.ntnu.no. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Manju embraces the pen, with élan". Malayala Manorama. 4 October 2013. Archived from the original on 13 October 2013.
- "പ്രവീണയും സിനിമയും പിന്നെ ബിസിനസ് ഉം". mangalamvarika.com. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Sakshyam IMDB Page". Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- "Manju Warrier back on stage after 14 years, The Hindu". Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Manju Warrier ‘stages’ a comeback, The New Indian Express". Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Return of the star dancer, Manoramaonline". Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "മഞ്ജു വാര്യര് ക്യാമറക്കുമുന്നില് തിരിച്ചെത്തി, The Indian Reader". Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "മലയാള സിനിമാ ആസ്വാദകര് ക്ക് ഇനി ആശ്വാസ നെടുവീര് പ്പിടാം, മഞ്ചു വാര്യരുടെ രണ്ടാമൂഴത്തിന് തുടക്കമായി, The Indian Reader". Retrieved 2013-07-16.
- "Welcome Back Manju Warrier - My World of Movies". Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- kerala.cinemalead.com (2013-09-12). "Manju Warrier receives the first copy of Navya's book - Manju Warrier Receives The First Copy Of Navyas Book- Actress Navya Nair- Navya Nair Released- Navayarasangal- Sugathakumari- Manju Warrier- Manju Warrier Received- Abhaya- Navya Open Minded Girl - AK Muneer- Olive Publications". kerala.cinemalead.com. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Manju Warrier mesmerizes audience - Manju Warrier Mesmerizes Audience- Manju Warrier- Mullassery Raju- Guruvayur- Calicut- Ganapathi Sthuti- Meenakshi- Geetha - Cinemalead.com -". Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Malayalam News, Kerala News, Latest Malayalam News, Latest Kerala News, Breaking News, Online News, Malayalam Online News, Kerala Politics, Business News, Movie News, Malayalam Movie News, News Headlines, Malayala Manorama Newspaper, Breaking Malayalam News,". ManoramaOnline. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- Sharika C. "Return of the heroine". The Hindu. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "I am living for my daughter: says Dileep". The Times of India. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Dileep, Manju Warrier Parting Ways? Couple Files Divorce Petition in Court". International Business Times, India Edition. 19 February 2014. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "62nd Filmfare Awards South  : Winners' List, Photos: LIVE UPDATES". International Business Times, India Edition. 26 June 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manju Warrier.|