|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||supplier to the international automotive and mechanical engineering industries|
|Headquarters||Ludwigsburg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany|
|Alfred Weber (CEO.)
Filiz Albrecht(CHRO), Hansjörg Herrmann (COO), Kai Knickmann, Josef Parzhuber, Steffen Schneider, Emese Weissenbacher (CFO)
|Products||filtration solutions including air filters and oil filters for vehicles|
|Revenue||€3.042 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
The Mann+Hummel Group is a German manufacturing company headquartered in Ludwigsburg within the metropolitan area of Stuttgart. The company develops, productes and distributes liquid and air filter systems, intake systems and cabin filters. Additional products include powertrain and engine plastic components, such as manifolds, ducts and cylinder head covers with integrated functions for the automotive industry, and filter elements for the maintenance and repair of motor vehicles. For general engineering, process engineering and industrial manufacturing sectors the product range includes industrial filters, membrane filters and equipment for water filtration. About 90 percent of annual sales of around 3 billion euros accounted for by the activity in the automobile industry. The company and its subsidiaries have more than 60 locations worldwide. The group is owned by the families of the two founders.  
- 1941: Mr. Adolf Mann and Dr. Erich Hummel establish ‘Filterwerk Mann+Hummel GmbH (today Mann+Hummel GmbH) in Ludwigsburg, near Stuttgart
- 1946: The Filap production facility is set up in Speyer (in Rhineland-Palatinate) for industrial filters
- 1948: Foundation of the Plant Technology Division (today M+H ProTec GmbH)
- 1951: Development and SOP of paper filters and fine filter elements for air and oil filtration
- 1958: Production of spin-on oil filters commences
- 1959: Co-operation begins with filter manufacturers in Argentina and Brazil
- 1962: Purchase of an old noodle factory in Marklkofen, Bavaria and conversion into our third production site in Germany
- 1964: In Chile operations begins with the production of filters.
- 1965: Foundation of the first foreign company: Filtros Mann S.A., Zaragoza/ Spain, today M+H Iberica
- 1969: Purchase of a further production site in Ludwigsburg and expansion of the Plant Technology Division (today M+H ProTec GmbH)
- 1970: Centralisation of all existing Speyer plants at the current Industrial Filters Business Unit site
- 1981: Start of development of engine intake manifolds made of plastic
- 1988: Acquisition of M+H Hydromation N.V., in Tongeren/Belgium
- 1991: Acquisition of Plasta in Sonneberg (Thuringia), today: M+H GmbH
- 1992: The Industrial Filters Business Unit is established
- 1993: Plants established in the Czech Republic and Mexico; acquisition of Somos GmbH, Weiterstadt (Hesse)
- 1994: Foundation of M+H USA INC.
- 1995: Several acquisitions and new companies set up in the USA, Great Britain, Singapore and China
- 1997: Separation of ProTec Business Unit to create M+H ProTec GmbH, Ludwigsburg; acquisition of Vollmar Anlagentechnik (ProTec Business Unit)
- 1998: Takeover of Advanced Filtration Concepts Inc., Louisville, Kentucky, USA and Geiger Technic Inc., Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA. Today: M+H USA, Inc.
- 1999: foundation of M+H Japan Ltd. in Yokohama and M+H France S.A.R.L. in Gennevilliers, France
- 2000: Acquisition of the Oil Conditioning Systems (OCS) Division from the US Federal-Mogul Group; sales office established in Warsaw/Poland and foundation of the Joint Venture G.U.D. M+H Filter Systems (Pty) Ltd in South Africa
- 2001: Foundation of M and H Australia (Pty) in Sydney, Australia
- 2002: Acquisition of the Air Induction Systems and Technical Parts (AIS/TP) Division from the Belgian-based Solvay Group Service Centre Scandinavia established in Gothenburg, Sweden; foundation of the Joint Ventures Shanghai M+H Filter Co., Ltd. in Shanghai, China, and M+H Fawer Filter Co. Ltd. in Changchun, China; Joint-Venture established in South Korea: DongWoo M+H Co. Ltd. (today: M+H Dongwoo Co. Ltd.)
- 2003: Filterwerk M+H GmbH renamed M+H GmbH; sales office established in Sondrio, Italy. Sales facility for the ProTec Business Unit set up in Gex, France, following acquisition of Per-colorS.a.r.L; relocation of the ProTec plants in Weiterstadt (Hesse) and Königswinter (North Rhine-Westphalia) to Bensheim (Hesse); sales office opened in Bangalore, India
- 2004: foundation of M+H Italia S.r.l in Turin, Italy; foundation of Joint Venture M+H Wako Co. Ltd based in Shin-Yokohama, Japan
- 2005: M and H Filter Private Limited set up in Bangalore, India; Foundation of M+H Hungary Ltd. based in Budapest, Hungary; sales Offices established in Moscow, Russia, and Istanbul, Turkey
- 2006: Joint Venture established in India; majority shareholding acquired in Unico Filter D.D., Bosnia-Herzegovina; renamed M+H BA J.S.C. Tesanj; the Bosch Group and M+H take over the Purolator filter business from ArvinMeritor Inc. on 01.04.2006; foundation of M+H Korea Limited, Seoul
- 2007: foundation of subsidiary M+H OOO in Moscow, Russia, with its own production site; Acquisition of the cabin filter manufacturer helsa-automotive GmbH & Co. KG, based in Gefrees. 100% takeover of the Chinese Joint Venture Shanghai M+H Filter Co. Ltd
- 2008: Helsa-automotive GmbH & Co. KG renamed M+H Innenraumfilter GmbH & Co. KG.; 100% takeover of the Korean filter specialist Dongwoo Co Ltd and name change to M+H Dongwoo Co. Ltd.; foundation of M+H Filter (Shanghai) Co Ltd in Shanghai, China; US subsidiary Universal Dynamics Inc. is sold to the Italian company Piovan; foundation of Mann ve Hummel Filtre Sanayi ve Ticaret Ltd Sirketi in Istanbul, Turkey; foundation of M+H Sp. z.o.o. in Warsaw, Poland
- 2009: Merger between Mann+Hummel Dongwoo and Mann+Hummel Korea; Incorporation of Mann+Hummel (China) CO. LTD.; Foundation of MHB Filter India Private Ltd., Nalagarh, India
- 2010: Foundation of Mann+Hummel Brazil, Contagem City; Foundation of Mann+Hummel Filter (Jinan) Co. LTD, China; Takeover of membrane specialist Ultra-Flo, Singapore.
- 2011: Mann+Hummel Air Filter GmbH & Co. KG based in Gefrees builds new plant in Himmelkron; Mann+Hummel Dongwoo Co. Ltd. based in Korea expanded operations into the market for water filtration; New Mann+Hummel production facility in Dunlap, Tennessee (USA).
- 2012: OHL Engineering GmbH PET Recycling Technologies has taken over the operative business of the Mann+Hummel subsidiary ProTec; Foundation of Mann+Hummel Middle East FZE, Dubai.Mann+Hummel takes over Filter Manufacturer Bengbu Haoye, Bengbu, Anhui Province, China; Foundation of Mann+Hummel (Thailand) LTD; Mann+Hummel takes over Fluid Brasil Sistemas e Tecnologia LTDA.,Jundiaí, Brazil.
- 2013: Opening of the Mann+Hummel North Carolina Innovation Center on Centennial Campus, in partnership with North Carolina State University, North America; Incorporation of Mann+Hummel Water Solutions GmbH, Ludwigsburg, Germany; Mann+Hummel takes over Purolator filters joint venture from Bosch. the business is renamed to Mann+Hummel Purolator Filters LLC.
- 2014: The Mann+Hummel Group acquires Vokes Air, a leading filtration solutions provider for indoor and process air purification, based in Svenljunga, Sweden; Joint Venture with water filtration expert Microdyn-Nadir based in Wiesbaden, Germany
- 2015: Full takeover of water filtration expert Microdyn-Nadir based in Wiesbaden, Germany. 
- 2016: Acquisition of the global filtration operations of Affinia Group. 
- MANN+HUMMEL - 75 Years Pure Innovation www.mann-hummel.com
- Mann+Hummel acquires full ownership of Microdyn-Nadir. Filtration+Seperation.com, downloaded on 04/08/16.
- Mann+Hummel closes on Affinia acquisition. Automotive News Europe, downloaded on 04/08/16.