Manna Music Inc
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Country of origin||U.S.|
Manna Music was founded in 1955 by Tim Spencer as a song publishing company. During the early 1970s through the mid 1980s it included its own label, Manna Records.
The publishing company has worked with the likes of Audrey Mieir, Doris Akers, André Crouch, Dan Barker, Danny Lee Stutzman, Andrew Culverwell, Phil Kerr, Stuart Hamblen, Jack Holcomb, and Ralph Carmichael.
In the early days Manna attained ownership of "How Great Thou Art", written by Stuart K. Hine. According to ASCAP, the song has been recorded by many mainstream and gospel artists, including Elvis Presley, Lee Greenwood, The Imperials, The Oak Ridge Boys, The Florida Boys, and George Beverly Shea.
Hal Spencer later took over the company. Hal Spencer accepted the 1979 ASCAP Award for Manna Music as Gospel Publisher of the Year.
In the early 1970s, Manna Music formed the label Manna Records and began producing albums by Ralph Carmichael and others.
Manna also produced a number of successful musicals, such as Mary Had a Little Lamb, Life Just Keeps On Happening, Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, His Fleece Was White As Snow, In His Presence, and the musical, Sing Christmas.
In the mid 1980s the label Manna Records shut down. However the parent company Manna Music Inc, remains active today.
- "How Great Thou Art" – Stuart K. Hine
- "Sweet, Sweet Spirit" – Doris Akers
- "The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power" – Andraé Crouch
- "Through It All" – Andraé Crouch
- "Heaven" – Andraé Crouch
- "Spread a Little Love Around" – Danny Lee Stutzman
- "Come On Ring Those Bells" – Andrew Culverwell
- "I've Never Seen the Righteous Forsaken" – Archie Dennis, Jr
- Dale Evans
- Doris Akers
- Lillie Knauls
- The Kathryn Kuhlman Choir
- June Wade & The Country Congregation
- The Crownsmen
- The Californians Quartet
- Audrey Mieir
- Andrew Culverwell
- The Second Coming
- https://web.archive.org/web/20101006063310/http://www.rpinet.com/cmd.html Resource Publications, "The Christian Music Directories" formerly "The Recording Locator"
- https://web.archive.org/web/20120207004729/http://www.mannamusicinc.com/mmi.htm – History of Manna Music Inc.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080408042710/http://www.mpa.org/directories/music_publishers/show/247 – Music Publishers Association Website listing
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080409114828/http://www.mymusicway.com/labels/manna.html – Another listing about the history of Manna Music Inc.
- http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=380081849&search_in=i&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=10&start=1 – ASCAP Website link to "How Great Thou Art"
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080408042710/http://www.mpa.org/directories/music_publishers/show/247 – Music Publishers Association of The United States