Jacinto at the 2018 Comic-Con International
Manuel Luis Jacinto
August 19, 1987
|Nationality||Canadian and Filipino|
|Alma mater||University of British Columbia|
Manuel Luis "Manny" Jacinto (//; born August 19, 1987) is a Filipino-born Canadian actor. After several small roles on television, his breakout role came in 2016, playing Jason Mendoza on the NBC comedy hit The Good Place. In 2018, he was cast in the upcoming feature film Top Gun: Maverick.
Early life and education
Jacinto was born in Manila, Philippines. His family emigrated to Canada when he was about three years old. He was raised in Richmond, British Columbia. Jacinto grew up playing baseball, basketball and attended an all-boys Catholic high school, Vancouver College.
While interning, Jacinto participated in hip-hop dance competitions before eventually transitioning into acting as a career. Jacinto didn't always believe he'd be an actor but because of his obsessive personality, once he began acting, he became devoted to it. As an Asian actor, Jacinto was frustrated by the lack of other Asian actors in Vancouver. He is grateful that there is a community in Los Angeles. 
In 2015, he was cast as triad leader Wing Lei in the Canadian spy drama The Romeo Section by Chris Haddock. The role won him a Leo Award nomination for Best Supporting Performance in a Dramatic Series.
In 2016, Jacinto was cast as Jianyu Li / Jason Mendoza in the NBC comedy The Good Place. Jacinto has received considerable praise for his performance as Mendoza, the EDM-obsessed "lovable doofus" from Jacksonville, Florida, smashing stereotypes of how Asian men are usually portrayed in Hollywood.
|2013||Once Upon a Time||Quon||Episode: "Selfless, Brave and True"|||
|2013||Supernatural||Diego||Episode: "Pac-Man Fever"|
|2014||The 100||Boy #1/Boy Bullied by Murphy||TV Series; 2 episodes|
|2014||The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story||Eric||TV Movie|
|2015||iZombie||Sammy||Episode: "Liv and Let Clive"|
|2015||Bates Motel||Guy in coffee shop||Episode: Unbreak-Able|
|2015||The Romeo Section||Wing Lei||TV series; 10 episodes|
|2016||Roadies||Runner||Episode: "Life Is a Carnival"|
|2016–present||The Good Place||Jianyu Li / Jason Mendoza||TV series; main cast|
|2017||The Good Doctor||Bobby||Episode: "Sacrifice"|
|2018||Bad Times at the El Royale||Wade Espiritu|||
|2020||Top Gun: Maverick||Fritz||Filming|
- "Iron Ring". Instagram. March 22, 2012. Retrieved November 18, 2017.
- "Manny Jacinto on Twitter". Twitter. p. August 20, 2018.
- Hoekstra, Matthew (September 23, 2014). "20 questions with Manny Jacinto". Richmond Review. Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- image tagged #bdaythoughts on 20 August
- "Raise a sandal to our birthday boy, @Manny Jancinto". The Good Place.
- "Manny Jacinto". Storyhive. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "'You never see a dumb Asian on network television': The Good Place's Manny Jacinto on playing against type". CBC Radio. July 23, 2018. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (March 3, 2016). "Good Place NBC comedy series casts Manny Jacinto; Julie Goldman joins ABC's Weeks/Mackay Project". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- "'Top Gun: Maverick' Enlists 'The Good Place' Actor Manny Jacinto". /Film. September 28, 2018. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- "The Romeo Section Cast: Manny Jacinto". Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- "Manny Jacinto on The Good Place". Balitang America. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Nguyen, Kevin (2018-02-01). "Manny Jacinto Is No Dummy—He Just Plays One on 'The Good Place'". GQ. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- "Manny Jacinto – The Good Place". Starry Constellation Magazine. 2017-10-05. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- Raphael, Philip. "Engineering a career in show business". Richmond News. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Manny Jacinto". NBCUniversal. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Grubb, Brian (2018-01-11). "Jason Mendoza From 'The Good Place' Is The Best Doofus On Television". Uproxx. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Mathews, Liam (2016-09-29). "The Good Place Just Found Its Tom Haverford". TV Guide. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- Hwang, Sora (Spring 2017). "The Good Place's Manny Jacinto on Playing a Non-Stereotypical Asian Role". Mochi. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (2018-09-27). "'Top Gun: Maverick' Taps 'The Good Place's Manny Jacinto For Pilot Duty". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-10-25.
- "Manny Jacinto". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "Fox Heavy Hitters Celebrate Drew Goddard's 'Bad Times at the El Royale'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|