|Occupation||Chairman, Bebe stores|
|Known for||Founding Bebe Stores|
|Net worth||US$1.3 billion (2007)|
Early life and education
Born in Iran in 1938, he came to the United States in his teens and settled first in Washington D.C., then in San Francisco. There, he went to San Francisco State University and graduated with a political science degree. He first managed a steakhouse, before founding his own fashion line.
It was announced in 2015 that he was to sell his 59% stake in Bebe.
All of Bebe's stores are scheduled to close and liquidate inventory by the end of May 2017.
As of 2005, he was married to Neda Mashouf.
- List of California State University, Fresno people
- List of San Francisco State University people
- List of fashion designers
- "The World's Billionaires #754 Manny Mashouf & family". Forbes. 2007-08-03. Retrieved 2007-08-03.
- "Manny Mashouf". iranians.kodoom.com/en. Archived from the original on 23 November 2016. Retrieved 22 November 2016.[dead link]
- #242 Manny Mashouf & family, Forbes, 2006, retrieved April 23, 2017
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-09-15. Retrieved 2008-11-12.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Bebe Founder Manny Mashouf Sells 59 Percent Stake, ubmfashion.com, 2015[dead link]
- "Bebe Plans to Shut Its Stores and Focus on Web Sales". bloomberg.com. 21 March 2017.
- San Francisco State Receives $10 Million for New Arts Center, Philanthropy News Digest, June 7, 2005, retrieved April 23, 2017
- Barba, Michael (April 22, 2017). "Founder of Closing Bebe Stores had Philanthropic Ties to State". San Francisco Examiner. Retrieved April 24, 2017.