|Alma mater||Hyderabad Central University|
Manoj Abraham (born 3 June 1971) is the Additional Director General of Police, Head Quarters ADGP in Kerala Police He has additional responsibility for traffic and road safety and is the Nodal Officer of the Kerala Police CyberDome.
Abraham joined the Indian Police Service as an officer in 1994, drawn on the Kerala Cadre. His first post was Assistant Superintendent of Police in the Adoor and Kasaragod sub-divisions. After being promoted in 1998, he was posted in Pathanamthitta district and Kollam district. He was subsequently transferred to Kannur for four years, and then to Kerala Police Headquarters as Assistant Inspector General of Police. He worked for seven years as the Commissioner of Police for Cochin and Thiruvananthapuram. Abraham also holds the position of Nodal Officer in the Kerala Police 'Cyber Dome'. He has been the Inspector General of Police (IGP) since February 2014 to January 2019.
Abraham has received awards for community policing initiatives and traffic reforms:
- In 2009 he received a Vocational Excellence Award from Rotary International, and in 2010 he received their Significant Achievement Award. He has also received an award[specify] from Y's Men International.
- In 2011 the People's Forum of Kochi gave him their Man of the Decade Award for effective crime control and successful management of law and order in Kochi, and he was awarded the President's Police Medal for meritorious service.
- Abraham was awarded for the project "SOFT, Thiruvananthapuram" under the category of best initiative for improved road safety by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India, This was awarded during the valedictory session of the 10th Urban Mobility India Conference and Exhibition CODATU XVII conference held on 6 November 2017 at the Hyderabad International convention centre, Novotal & HICC complex, Cyberabad, Hyderabad
- He received a FICCI Special Jury Award on behalf of Kerala Police Cyberdome in Cyber Crime. The award ceremony was organised on the side lines of FICCI & Vivekananda International Foundation, Homeland Security 2018 conference, which held on May 30–31, 2018 at FICCI, Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi. The award is for CybeDome’s effort, which envisages as a high tech public-private partnership centre of collaboration for different stakeholders in the domain of cyber security and handling of cyber-crimes in a proactive manner. Out of 211 entries from State Police Forces and Central Armed Police Forces, CyberDome has been selected for FICCI SMART Policing Award.
- On 1 June 2018 he was a Showcased Honoree in the Managerial Professional for an Information Security Project category at Hong Kong by (ISC)². The awards to the 17 honorees were presented at its 12th annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA™) Program. on July 9, 2018 at the Conrad Hotel, Hong Kong, during the (ISC)2 Security Congress APAC 2018.
- On 26 March 2019 at a ceremony held on at The Westin Mumbai Garden City in Mumbai, Abraham's CyberDome won the 2019 CISO MAG Awards to honor excellence in cybersecurity.
Abraham has won awards, either in his own name or on behalf of Kerala State Police, in recognition for the prevention and detection of cyber crimes and cyber security:
- In 2007, the Kerala police won the silver Cyber Crime Investigation Award from the Society For The Policing Of Cyberspace for "Detection of a Sensational Email Threat Against the President of India".
- In 2013 he was an honoree in the senior information security professional category of the (ISC)²'s seventh annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements Program.
- In 2014 he won a 'Special Achievement Award' from Infosec Maestros and the "Gov-r-nator" category of the Nullcon Black Shield Awards, which recognizes the government body or individual accomplishing a pioneering job in implementing security for the Government.
- In 2015, Kerala State Police were finalists in the 'Excellence in Capacity Building of Law Enforcement Agencies' category of the Data Security Council of India's Excellence Awards.
- In 2016 the Kerala Police Cyberdome project won the "Innovative use of technology in cyber security" category in the SWI Innovation & Excellence Awards for Security & Policing and Abraham was a finalist in the Digital India Knowledge Awards.[not in citation given]
Kerala Police implemented a program called 'Kidsglove' on November 13, 2017 The programme aims to spread awareness about cyber crime and drug abuse among young people as a state-wide initiative also to create an awareness among school children about online games,especially in the wake of the Blue Whale game. According to Kerala Police the Cyber dome chief, Kerala Police Cyber Dome is also investigating the possible spread of child abuse digital material online, wrongly referred to as 'child porn'. Officers with the Cyber dome sweeping the open internet to remove child abuse content as they feel chances of such videos and images getting generated in the state are very high. According to the Cyber dome chief, "the darknet, a computer network with restricted access that is used largely for illegal peer-to-peer file sharing is also being accessed by Keralites largely, however, as of now, it is not specifically used to share child abuse material".
KP-Bot is an artificial intelligence designed to have a form-factor, appearance and behavior similar to human beings. It can be used as the first contact point and a tool to collect the required data with which they can improve the overall serve quality and performance, overcoming human error. It works alongside human beings seamlessly. It has a range of sensors collecting information of the environment. The inauguration of the KP-Bot happened on 19th Feb 2019 at Police Headquarters, Trivandrum by the Honorable Chief minister Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan.
P-Hunt is an operation against Child pornography and paedophilia. Abraham's team uses ICACCOPS software to secretly track pornographic details shared online. The related softwares also helps the police scour encrypted messaging groups created to furtively swap child-porn, comb through the hidden matrix of the darknet, and eavesdrop on secret chatrooms. It helped Kerala Police track the uploading and dissemination of locally generated child abuse content and finally identify the predators individually based on their IP addresses.
Abraham said that the software identified child porn images and videos on the web, pinned down their unique digital signature and flagged the prurient images to track their circulation on a cross-section of internet-linked communication platforms.
Cyberdome headed by ADGP Manoj Abraham are partnering the Interpol and the International Center for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMC) to combat child porn. Interpol had provided the State police access to its latest cyber investigation tools
- "IPS : Query Result(s)". dtf.in. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Initiative on road safety". The Hindu. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "Civil List Information System". mha1.nic.in. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Kochi City Police". www.kochicitypolice.org.
- "Former Chiefs". Thiruvananthapuram City Police.
- "City police to launch `Maitri'". The Hindu. 11 June 2006. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Cyber crime investigation division likely to get green nod in Kerala".
- "Excellence award". The Hindu. 11 November 2009.
- "A gift for traffic personnel". The Hindu. 18 August 2010.
- "Award presented to Manoj Abraham". The Hindu. 23 January 2011. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Police Medal Awards 2011 | cmsmha.nic.in" (PDF). mha.nic.in. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- FICCI. "FICCI SMART Policing Awards,FICCI, New Delhi,May 05, 2016". ficci.in. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- "(ISC)² Announces 2018 Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements Honorees". www.isc2.org. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- https://keralapolice.gov.in/public-information/press-releases/2019. Missing or empty
- CISOMAG (22 March 2019). "CISO MAG Awards to honor excellence in cybersecurity". CISO MAG. Retrieved 6 April 2019.
- "Manoj Abraham". www.polcyb.org. The Society For The Policing Of Cyberspace.
- "2007 International Law Enforcement Cybercrime Award". Society for the Policing of Cyberspace.
- "(ISC)2(R) Announces Honorees for Seventh Annual Asia-Pacific Information Security Leadership Achievements (ISLA(TM)) Program". Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Winners List | INFOSEC MAESTROS Awards 2014 | Recognising Security Excellence. Redefining Security Leadership". Infosec Maestros. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "nullcon Goa 2014 - Nullcon Black Shield Awards". nullcon.net. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Finalists | Data Security Council of India". www.dsci.in. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "SWI | Awards". www.securitywatchindia.org.in. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "2016 – Digital India Summit". digitalindiasummit.co. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "IG Manoj Abraham denies Blue Whale threat to Kerala". kaumudiglobal.com. Retrieved 31 August 2017.
- "Kerala sitting on a powder keg - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 10 September 2017.
- "Global Community Policing: Problems and Challenges". CRC Press. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "The first Indian humanoid Police Robot "KP-BOT" by Kerala Police". www.streisandmedia.com. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Meet Sub Inspector KP-BOT, the country's first humanoid Robocop - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Robot SI to welcome visitors at police headquarters". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Meet KP-BOT, Kerala Police & India's 1st "Female" Robot To Interact With Visitors At Police HQ". indiatimes.com. 20 February 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Robocop joins Kerala Police! CM launches KP-Bot, first humanoid robot cop in India". The Financial Express. 20 February 2019. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Child pornography: 21 land in police net after Operation P-Hunt in Kerala". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Kerala Police conducts 'Operation P Hunt', arrests 21 for sharing nude pictures of children | Crime News". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- Anand, G. (1 April 2019). "20 arrested across Kerala in secret anti-child porn operation". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 18 April 2019.
- "Manoj Abraham, a no-nonsense officer". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "'Disproportionate' assets of IG Manoj Abraham: Kerala HC quashes vigilance court's order - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "Manoj Abraham steps down as Secretary as rift within IPS Association widens". Mathrubhumi. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- "IG Manoj Abraham resigns as IPS Association secretary". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- IPS (Kerala Cadre) Civil List as on 01-01-2014
- "Tryst with Technology". egov.eletsonline.com (Interview). Retrieved 25 August 2017.