Manoj Kumar (film director)
|Born||23 September 1955|
Allinagaram, Theni district, Tamil Nadu
|Occupation||Film director, producer, actor|
|Children||Lakshmi Priya, Buvaneswaran|
|Parent(s)||Veerana Thevar and Veeramal|
Manoj Kumar as Manokaran was born on September 23, 1955, in Allinagaram, Theni district to Mr. Veerana Thevar (Former) and Ms. Veeramal (Mother). He is married to Ms. Selvi. They have two children. He completed D.M.E in Nachimuthu polytechnic, Pollachi. Then he started life as QC Instector in Mechanical company in Coimbatore.
After assisting Bharathiraja in various films, he made his directorial debut with Mannukkul Vairam (1986). He directed several films in 1990s such as, Guru Paarvai (1998) starring Prakash Raj, won positive reviews. He then went on to make medium budget action films including Vaanavil (2000) and Jaisurya (2004) featuring Arjun, as well as Raajjiyam which had Vijayakanth and Dileep in the lead cast.
He ventured into production in the mid 2000s and made the Madhavan-starrer Arya, before launching a directorial project titled Utharavu with Seeman, which eventually did not progress. Manoj Kumar resurfaced in 2013, when it was revealed that he was working with producer Kovai Thambi on a venture titled Uyirukku Uyiraga. The script of the film was reported to be about the relationship between parents and their grown-up children, while the cast was composed of newcomers.
He is also into acting both in Tamil cinema and Tamil serials as character artist most notably in Thirumanam (TV series) from Colours (TV channel) tamil. He also appears in a negative role in Rasathi serial from Sun TV (India).
|1987||Neram Nalla Irukku|
- Television Serials
|Ration Card||Jaya TV||Script and Direction|
- Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga (2013) as Aachivardham (Sivakarthikeyan's Father)
- Annakodi (2013) as Sanguni (Sadayan's Father)
- Paayum Puli (2015) as Albert's father (Police Commissioner Kishore's Father)
- Pasanga 2 (2015) as School Principal
- Enga Amma Rani (2017) as Hero's Father
- Padaiveeran (2018) as Vijay Jesuthas's Father
- Kadaikutty Singam (2018) as Gunasingam's teacher who work as an accountant at Ranasingam's house
- Vanangamudi (TBA) as Chief Secretary
|2014||10 Mani Kathaigal||Sun TV||Main Character|
|2019||Rasaathi||Chintamani's brother||Sun TV|
- "Home |". Archived from the original on 4 March 2014.
- "Movies". directormanojkumar.com. Archived from the original on 3 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "BharathiRaja's relative ManojKumar has planned several projects on the anvil". Behindwoods. 29 August 2005. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com.
- "A-Z (II)". Indolink Tamil. Archived from the original on 28 January 2015. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- [dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 March 2014. Retrieved 2 March 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)