Manolo Badrena (born March 17, 1952 in San Juan, Puerto Rico) is a percussionist most noted for his work with Weather Report from 1976 to 1977. He has made contributions to over 100 recordings that span jazz, world music, pop, and Latin music. Badrena has played with The Zawinul Syndicate, the Rolling Stones, Mezzoforte, Joni Mitchell, Spyro Gyra, Art Blakey, Bill Evans, Steve Khan, Carla Bley, Talking Heads, Blondie, Michael Franks, Ahmad Jamal, Hugo Fattoruso, and others.
Badrena lives in Fair View, New Jersey. He is the leader (drums, percussion, guitar, vocals) of the Latin jazz band Trio Mundo.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2012)
With Billy Hart
- Oshumare (Gramavision, 1985)
With Masaru Imada
- Seaside (1982)
With Ahmad Jamal
- Rossiter Road (Atlantic, 1986)
- The Essence Part One (Birdology, 1995)
- Big Byrd: The Essence Part 2 (Birdology, 1995)
- The Blue Moon (JazzVillage, 2012)
With Eliane Elias
With Hugh Masekela
- Main Event Live (A&M, 1978)