This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Manor MRT05 is a Formula One racing car designed by Manor Racing for use in the 2016 Formula One season. The car was driven by three rookies, reigning Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters champion Pascal Wehrlein, GP2 Series regular Rio Haryanto and reigning GP3 Series champion Esteban Ocon, who replaced Haryanto ahead of the Belgian Grand Prix.
The MRT05 was launched at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona on 22 February 2016 in pre-season testing. It made its race debut in the 2016 Australian Grand Prix, where Wehrlein finished 16th and Haryanto retired. Earlier in the weekend, Haryanto and Romain Grosjean collided in the pitlane during free practice.
At the 2016 Austrian Grand Prix, Wehrlein qualified 12th, the first time the team had reached the second part of qualifying since Spa in 2014. During the race, Wehrlein initially fell down the order after the safety car came out on track shortly after he had pitted for fresh tyres. However, he made his set of soft compound tyres last and was closing on Valtteri Bottas for tenth place when a crash by Sergio Pérez elevated both a place, handing Wehrlein his first ever point in Formula One and Manor their first since Monaco 2014. After Haryanto's sponsors were unable to meet the team's financial demands, he was demoted to reserve driver status ahead of the 2016 Belgian Grand Prix and replaced by Renault test driver Esteban Ocon for the rest of the season. This was the only car produced by Manor as the team entered administration at the beginning of 2017 and folded in January of that year.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2016||Manor Racing MRT||Mercedes PU106C Hybrid||P||Rio Haryanto||Ret||17||21||Ret||17||15||19||18||16||Ret||21||20||1||11th|
* Season still in progress.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manor MRT05.|
- "MRT05" (PDF). Manor Racing. 22 February 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Back in Q2". Manor F1 Team. 2 July 2016. Archived from the original on 4 July 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- Anderson, Ben; Parkes, Ian (3 July 2016). "Pascal Wehrlein doesn't know where pace for F1 points came from". autosport.com. Archived from the original on 4 July 2016. Retrieved 4 July 2016.
- Morlidge, Matt (10 August 2016). "Esteban Ocon steps up to replace Rio Haryanto at Manor". Sky Sports. Archived from the original on 10 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Collantine, Keith (27 January 2017). "Manor's never-to-be-raced 2017 F1 car revealed". F1Fanatic. Archived from the original on 31 January 2017. Retrieved 31 January 2017.