Manor Park railway station
Location of Manor Park in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||TfL Rail|
|Number of platforms||4|
|Fare zone||3 and 4|
|OSI||Woodgrange Park |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|6 January 1873||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
Manor Park railway station is on the Great Eastern Main Line at Manor Park in the London Borough of Newham, east London. It is 6 miles 19 chains (10.0 km) down-line from London Liverpool Street and is situated between Forest Gate and Ilford. Its three-letter station code is MNP and it is in Travelcard Zone 3/4.
The station was opened in 1873 by the Great Eastern Railway. It is currently managed by TfL Rail. Train services call at Manor Park as part of the Shenfield-Liverpool Street stopping "metro" service. From 2019, the station will be fully served by Crossrail, linking Manor Park to additional stations in central London as well as Reading and London Heathrow Airport.
The following services typically call at Manor Park:
|TfL Rail||London Liverpool Street - Stratford - Maryland - Forest Gate - Manor Park - Ilford - Seven Kings - Goodmayes - Chadwell Heath - Romford - Gidea Park - Harold Wood - Brentwood - Shenfield||Class 315||6x per hour|
In normal operation all services use platforms 1 and 2. Platforms 3 and 4, on the through-lines, are generally only operational during engineering works that affect the other lines. An additional short, unnumbered, platform face is present to the south of platform 1 but is not in operation; the track behind it is used as a passing loop for freight traffic.
Manor Park will be fully served by Crossrail from 2019 but part of the route is scheduled to open in 2017 and new Class 345 trains will enter service. Platforms 1 and 2 are only 168 metres (184 yd) and 185 metres (202 yd) long respectively and cannot physically be extended to accommodate the new trains, which will be over 200 metres (220 yd) in length, so selective door operation will be utilised. The freight loop around platform 1 is due to be removed and replaced by a new loop line further down-line, west of Chadwell Heath.
Due to the narrow platforms and the layout of the station, fitting lifts for disabled access would be difficult, requiring the walkways to be rebuilt and closing parts of the station for several months. The station will receive new ticket machines and gates, an accessible toilet and new retail space.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (Microsoft Excel). Transport for London. May 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-03-12.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "TfL launches competition to find operator to run Crossrail services". Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- National Rail Timetable Page 46
- TfL Rail Timetable
- "House of Lords - Crossrail Bill - Minutes of Evidence".
- "Station improvements in preparation for Crossrail" (Press release). London: Transport for London. 9 February 2016.
- Media related to Manor Park railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Train times and station information for Manor Park railway station from National Rail
- Excel file displaying National Rail station usage information for 2005/06
|Preceding station||Crossrail||Following station|
towards London Liverpool Street