Mansfield 103.2 FM
|Broadcast area||North Nottinghamshire
|Slogan||The Home of Great Music|
|Frequency||103.2 MHz FM|
|First air date||1 February 1999|
|Audience share||10.4% (September 2013, Rajar listening figures)|
|Owner||Murfin Music International|
It was launched in 1999 after winning a licence to broadcast from the Radio Authority in 1998. It is based at the Brunts Business Centre, near the centre of Mansfield, and uses a shared transmitter mast sited at Fishpond Hill, on the outskirts of Mansfield near to Skegby.
Mansfield 103.2's Managing Director is Tony Delahunty and the Managing Editor is Ian Watkins.
The station is Mansfield's only local radio station and is one of the town's major sources of news and sports coverage.
Schedule & Presenters
- News on the hour, mix of local and national/international from Sky News
- Breakfast With Barghy (6am-10am)
- 10 - 1 with Matt Freeman (10am-1pm)
- Watko In The Afternoon (1pm-6pm)
Evenings/Weekend & Specialist Presenters
News & Sport coverage
Mansfield 103.2 has a dedicated News & Sport team based at Samuel Brunts Way, staffed by Managing Editor Ian Watkins, broadcast journalists James Brandon, Jason Harrison, Alex Dye & Craig Priest. Each Saturday in the football season, there are regular updates on local games in the area including Mansfield Town, Chesterfield F.C. Derby County, Nottingham Forest, Notts County, South Normanton Athletic F.C., Glapwell F.C., Shirebrook Town F.C. and Sutton Town F.C..
Mansfield 103.2 has an outside broadcast unit named Fix Auto Street Crusader. The vehicle is manned by Commercial Producer & Engineer Matt Freeman with an OB team and is used for visits local charities, public events, openings, businesses and services.
Mansfield 103.2 have a dedicated sales team, led by Sales Director Peter Topley, with Paul Chadbourne - the Sales Consultant, followed by Dave Plowright and Kim Waite, both Advertising Executives.
Alleged ghost incident
On 28 July 2008 during the John B Tannen breakfast show, newsreader Ian Watkins was alone in the studio preparing for the 8am news. At 8:00 precisely, just after the news jingle was played, a voice was clearly heard on air whispering "time". Watkins had heard the voice through his headset and prevented him from starting the bulletin. Nobody else was in the studio at the time.
Most Haunted presenter Richard Felix appeared on the show the following day to discuss the incident: It sounds like a man's voice - almost like an old Head Master that may have been here - I mean this is a former school that has been here since the 1890s so we've had a lot of emotion here.
The Gooseberry Pork Pie
In July 2010, Mansfield 103.2 revived a 70-year-old Mansfield Tradition of a Gooseberry Pork Pie. Years ago in Mansfield, the town would celebrate with a giant Pork Pie filled with Gooseberrys. The pie wasn't made since the end of the second world war, but in July 2010 The Breakfast Show brought back the tradition, by creating a batch of small gooseberry filled pies with the help of local butchers.
-  Mansfield 103.2 FM Official site."Advertising" catchment area section. Retrieved 11-10-2013
-  Mansfield 103.2 FM Official site."Our History" section. Retrieved 11-10-2013
-  Wikimapia. Retrieved 11-10-2013
-  The Transmission Gallery. Retrieved 11-10-2013
-  Mansfield 103.2 FM Official site."Who's who" section. Retrieved 11-07-2013
- Shows - Breakfast Retrieved 13 February 2016
- Presenters - Norman Cox Retrieved 20 December 2015
- Shows - Afternoon Retrieved 13 February 2016
- Presenters - Koa Maddock-Bradley Retrieved 20 December 2015
- Shows - In Control Retrieved 20 December 2015
- Presenters - Andy Channing Retrieved 20 December 2015
- Presenters - Sunday afternoons Retrieved 20 December 2015
- Shows - Sunday afternoons Retrieved 20 December 2015
- Mansfield 103.2 News 20 July 2013 "Mansfield 103.2 will be there with the Vision West Notts Street Crusader so come down and say hello." Retrieved 2014-03-26
- Handing over keys to Street Crusader, 15 April 2014. Retrieved 9 December 2015
-  'Our Mansfield and Area' website administered by Mansfield District Council Museum Mansfield's Gooseberry Pork Pie - "A traditional dish from the Mansfield July Fair" Retrieved 2014-02-03
 Rajar Listening Figures, Retrieved 2014-02-03