Mansions on the Moon
|Mansions on the Moon|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Genres||Electronic, alternative hip hop, indie rock, synthpop|
Mansions on the Moon is a band from Los Angeles, California with roots in Virginia Beach, VA whose music fuses diverse styles, sounds and influences from electronic music, hip-hop, indie rock, and pop. Their sound incorporates "vocal harmonies", "midi-based production" and "live acoustic instrumentation."  Shay Haley and Chad Hugo have called the band, "the future of music".
The group was formed in 2011 by Ted Wendler on guitar and vocals, Ben Hazlegrove on keyboards, and Lane Shaw on drums. Both Shaw and Hazlegrove were also members of Pnuma Trio. Jeff Maccora joined the group in 2012.
Their first release, Paradise Falls (Presented by Diplo & DJ Benzi), garnered the attention of many prominent blogs and in 2011 hypetrak called them one of the "most interesting recording artists to have emerged this year." Paradise Falls includes collaborations with Xaphoon Jones (of Chiddy Bang) and Big Gigantic, among others. The band has worked closely with members of N*E*R*D, and Pharrell Williams served as executive producer on their 2012 EP Lightyears.
The group has produced official remixes for Foster the People and Zee Avi, and produced the Mac Miller track "PA Nights" on the album Blue Slide Park. In 2011 the group joined Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller on the Green Carpet Tour,  and also performed at the SnowBall Music Festival. In 2012 they played South by Southwest, the Lightyears Tour, and charted on Billboard's Next Big Sound.  
In 2013, the band released their "Full Moon" EP. The EP featured collaborators Zee Avi, Codi Caraco from Frank + Derol, and former Pnuma Trio band mate, Alex Botwin, AKA Paper Diamond.  The band's "Full Moon" EP was followed up in 2014 by their self titled album "Mansions On The Moon."  According to bassist, Jeff Maccora, many of the songs on the album, such as the wander lusting "Somewhere Else Tonight," were inspired by the band's move to Los Angeles. 
- Ted Wendler - guitar, keyboards, and vocals (2011 - present)
- Ben Hazlegrove - keyboards and vocals(2011 - present)
- Lane Shaw - drums (2011 - present)
- Jeff Maccora - bass and keyboards (2012 - present)
- 2011 - Paradise Falls Mixtape (Presented and Produced by Diplo & DJ Benzi)
- 2012 - Lightyears EP (Executive Producer - Pharrell Williams) 
- 2013 - "Full Moon" 
- 2013 - "Lost and Found" 
- 2014 - "Mansions On The Moon" 
Notable Remixes by Mansions On The Moon
- Haithcoat, Rebecca. "Mansions on the Moon Are a Musical Weed Brownie". L.A. Weekly. Retrieved 11 March 2012.
- Kujundzic, Petar. "PREMIERE: Mansions On The Moon – Paradise Falls (Mixtape)". hypetrak.
- Botts, Alyssa. "Mansions on the Moon, Paradise Falls". Indie Shuffle.
- "Pnuma Trio Offshoot Mansions on the Moon Announces Spring Tour Dates". Jambands.com.
- "Mac Miller - PA Nights (Produced by Mansions on the Moon): New Chill Hip-hop". This Song is Sick.
- "Mansions on the Moon joins Wiz Khalifa & Mac Miller on the Green Carpet Tour".
- "Mansions On The Moon - Billboard Chart History". Billboard.
- "Mansions On The Moon - Full Moon". The Music Ninja.
- "Mansions On The Moon - self titled album". Earmilk.