|Full name||Mansour Assoumani Gammali|
|Date of birth||30 January 1983|
|Place of birth||Nice, France|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2006–2007||1. FC Saarbrücken||34||(1)|
|2012-2014||JS Saint-Jean Beaulieu|
|2014-2015||US Le Pontet||15||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:50, 7 May 2011 (UTC).
Mansour Assoumani Gammali (born 30 January 1983) is a French born Malian footballer. A centre-back who can also play at right full-back, he is 6 feet 2 inches tall. His parents originate from the Comoros.
Assoumani began his career in the French First Division with Montpellier HSC on 18 August 2001. He played 72 matches for the club (43 in D1, 29 in D2) and registered four goals (two in D1 and two in D2). After five seasons he joined the German club 1. FC Saarbrücken and, subsequently, Sportfreunde Siegen. Prior to joining Leeds United, Assoumani spent time on trial at Sheffield United but failed to impress sufficiently to earn a permanent deal.
On 17 December 2008, Assoumani was handed a one-month contract with League One team Leeds United after a successful trial which also saw him score a goal in a reserve team game against York City. He made his debut three days later in a 3–1 defeat to Milton Keynes Dons. He played the first half at right-back, but due to the substitution of Ľubomír Michalík at half-time, Assoumani played the second half in his more favoured position of centre-back.
Assoumani was unfortunate that Gary McAllister who signed him was sacked after the game after a run of 5 defeats in a row. Assoumani didn't figure at all under new manager Simon Grayson. He was released on 18 January 2009. On 22 January 2009 he was offered a week-long trial with Crewe Alexandra however he was released without being offered a contract.
After making 36 appearances for county, in May 2011 he was informed that he would not be offered a contract by the club for the 2011/12 season.
Assoumani Thistle FC
In tribute to Mansour, a group of university students set up a football team in honour of his name. Assoumani Thistle F.C compete in the University of Central Lancashire's Student Union League. They finished 9th in their opening season and reached the semi-finals of the knockout cup competition. They will continue to play in the competition under the same name next season
- Mansour Assoumani French league stats at LFP.fr (French)
- "Mansour Assoumani". Welt Fussball. Retrieved 19 December 2008.
- "Blades trial Assoumani". Sky Sports News. 30 October 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2009.
- "French defender joins United". Leeds United A.F.C. 17 December 2008. Retrieved 17 December 2008.
- "MK Dons 3–1 Leeds". BBC Sport. 20 December 2008. Retrieved 22 December 2008.
- "United allow defender to depart". Leeds United A.F.C. 17 January 2009. Retrieved 17 January 2009.
- "Wrexham recruit international duo". BBC Sport. 26 March 2009. Retrieved 7 April 2009.
- "Stockport County sign defender Mansour Assoumani". BBC Sport. 2 August 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2010.
- "2011–12 retained list revealed". Stockport County FC. 25 May 2011.
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Students-Union-League/234230596620038 University of Central Lancashire Student's Union League