Mansour Osanloo (Osaloo) is a leading trade union activist in Iran, where he has been imprisoned several times from 2005 to 2008. Osanloo was then held in Evin Prison, serving a five-year prison sentence, and freed in June 2013. He is a founding member of the Syndicate of Workers of Tehran and Suburbs Bus Company, an independent union that has been campaigning vigorously for workers’ rights.
Osanloo is President of the Executive Committee of the Syndicate of Workers of Tehran and Suburbs Bus Company (SWTSCB), the transport workers' trade union in Tehran in Iran.
In December 2005 bus drivers in Tehran were refusing to take passengers' fares, as a protest called by both Osanloo and the SWTBC. He and his colleagues could boild up again their syndicate (union ) after 24 years,on 13 Khordad 1384 (jun 2005)with big struggle and resistance.This led to the arrest of several union activists on December 22, including Osanloo. He was in cell more than 7 months,andunder the turture.
Tehran bus workers were due to strike on 28 January 2006 calling for his release and other demands. However early in the morning of that day hundreds of union activists were arrested.Many of workers families were arested,too.
The Scottish Socialist Party tabled a motion calling for his release before the Scottish Parliament. He was released on bail in July/August 2006 after being kept in solitary confinement for months.After that, he continued his duty with co workers to refind their rights.
According to eyewitness accounts, Osanloo was arrested for a second time on November 19, 2006 under very suspicious circumstances, along with Ebrahim Madadi, the vice-president of Syndicate of Workers of Tehran and Suburbs Bus Company. Osanloo and Madadi were beaten by a group of armed militia and were taken away after shots were fired into the air. This seems to be another case where special police and state-sponsored undercover security named Ansar-e Hezbollah are used in arresting and silencing social and political activists.
In November 2006 he was released on bail of £164,000. He was sentenced to a five-year prison term in March 2007. However, he was allowed to travel to London, England for the International Transport Workers Federation (ITF) conference and to Brussels, Belgium for a meeting with the International Trade Union Confederation(ITUC) in June 2007.
He was arrested again in July 2007. According to 2007 reports by the ITF and ituc, Osanloo was in imminent risk of losing his eyesight due to injuries sustained from government security forces in May 2005 and jun 2007 after he returned from his unioist trippes, and exacerbated by a lack of proper medical care by the Iranian authorities while in custody. They sent him to Rajaee Shahr jail, because of, he tried help to guard workers in Evin prison to organise their nonion, and they back paid their mony of their bosses.
In August 2010, he was sentenced to another one year in prison after conviction of a new charge of "spreading propaganda against the system." On 2 June 2011, Ossanlu’s wife stated that he had been granted a four-day medical leave for medical treatment.
Osanloo is an instructor of online, Persian-language courses on labor rights and labor organizing at Tavaana: E-Learning Institute for Iranian Civil Society. He stablished a new movement regarding workers and teachers site in the name of HOGHOOGHE MOALEM AND KAREGAR.(teatures and workers rights), and he founded a new solidarity among the all of Wage earners Iran, by many of youngs and technicians .They lounched thehttp://www.khabargar.co/ Site related with workers, women and human rights activist in Iran.Now He is a member of KAMPAIN MAEESHAT (Living campain),(SANDOOGH RAY AZAD) Free democratic box organization. Osaloo and his comrades are organising New movement to make a global solidarity of Iranian activist, against the Islamic fondamental in Iran.
- Mansour Osanloo set free, June 2013
- RIGHTS CRISIS ESCALATES, September 2008
- Tait, Robert (2007-05-30), "Tehran officials charge three Americans with spying", The Guardian
- Taheri, Amir (2007-06-27), "Union Hero: Labor battles in Iran", New York Post
- Imprisoned for Defending the Rights of Workers
- Mansour Ossanlu’s Temporary Freedom in Iran, June 6, 2011
- "Mansour Osanlou". Tavaana. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- ITF campaign page
- Freedom will come - The Mansour Osanloo story
- Mansour Osanloo - A quand la liberté
- Mansour Osanloo - La Libertad Llegará
- 自由のために - マンスール・オサンルーの闘い
- Freedom will come - The Mansour Osanloo story (Arabic)
- Freedom will come - The Mansour Osanloo story (Persian)
- Labournet on the case
- Appeal for financial support
- Indymedia on his case
- Letter about 28 January arrests
- latest on dispute
- letter calling for his release after second arrest
- model letter calling for his release
- more from Labournet, with photo
- latest report on his detention
- Interview with Mansour Osanlou - YouTube video part 1
- Interview with Mansour Osanlou - YouTube video part 2
- Interview with Mansour Osanlou - YouTube video part 3