Manteca High School
|Manteca High School|
450 East Yosemite Avenue
|Motto||"A Tradition of Excellence"|
|School district||Manteca Unified School District|
|Teaching staff||77.90 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||20.74|
|Color(s)||Forest Green and White|
|Fight song||On Manteca|
|Athletics conference||Valley Oak League|
|Rivals||East Union High School, Oakdale High School, Sierra High School|
|Accreditation||Western Association of Schools and Colleges|
Manteca High School is a public, co-educational secondary school in Manteca, California, United States that was established on May 21, 1920. It is the oldest school within Manteca Unified School District. Although originally built with a tower, it was torn down because the structure failed to meet earthquake regulations.
Manteca High is mainly known for the success in its football program. The Buffaloes are one of the most victorious teams in the area and have won seven section titles since the beginning of the 21st century (2001, 2005, 2006, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019). They also had the state's longest winning streak (26) for a few months that stretched from October 21, 2005 to October 19, 2007. Additionally, Manteca has won a total of 15 Sac-Joaquin Section Team Championships (6 since 2013) and 32 Individual Sac-Joaquin Section Championships in the sports of wrestling, basketball, track & field, golf, tennis and swimming. The baseball team won its first ever section and state championship in 2014, followed by another section title in 2016. The girls soccer team won its first ever section championship in 2016 as well, followed by a girls tennis section title the same year. Finally, also in 2016, Manteca won its first state title in boys basketball by defeating Ayala High School of Chino Hills 60–51. It was the first state championship in boys basketball in Manteca Unified history.
- Ernie Barber, former NFL center for the Washington Redskins
- Milo Candini, former Major League Baseball player
- John J. McFall, former Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives
- Sammy L. Davis, Medal of Honor recipient
- Kim Komenich, Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist
- Tony Dominguez Jr., retired professional boxer
- Ken Huckaby, Major League Baseball player
- Don Morgan, former NFL strong safety for the Minnesota Vikings and Arizona Cardinals
- Paul Wiggin, former American football player and coach
- Reggie Bell, wide receiver for the New Orleans Saints
- Justin Roiland, executive producer, voice actor and co-creator of Rick and Morty
- Jay Blahnik, fitness expert, author, speaker and Director of Fitness for Health Technologies for Apple Inc.
- Kiwi Gardner, basketball player
- Kevin Wentworth, former NCAA All-American and Professional golfer
- Ted Nuce, World Champion bull rider, Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame
- Bryan Uecker, author (Taking One For The Team)
- Kenny Wooten, NBA player for the New York Knicks
- Natalie Madden, Radio Personality, Current host of Mornings with Madden & Riley on KHOP-FM Modesto/Stockton/Merced
- "Manteca High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved December 24, 2019.
- WASC-ACS. "WASC-Accrediting Commission for Schools". Retrieved June 5, 2009.
- School home page Archived 2008-06-17 at Archive.today
- cif sac-joaquin section past champions page Archived 2012-03-15 at the Wayback Machine
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|