Manticao, Misamis Oriental
|Municipality of Manticao|
Map of Misamis Oriental with Manticao highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Founded||February 7, 1949|
|Barangays||13 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Roberto M. Lagrosas|
|• Electorate||18,629 voters (2016)|
|• Total||123.01 km2 (47.49 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||230/km2 (600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)88|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||81,985,361.11 (2016)|
Manticao River was known as Naawan River until 1957, when it was renamed.
Manticao's geographical features consist of mountainous to flat plains to shorelines.
Manticao is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
- Punta Silum
- Upper Malubog
|Population census of Manticao|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Manticao was 28,422 people, with a density of 230 inhabitants per square kilometre or 600 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Misamis Oriental". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "An Act Changing the Name of Naawan River in the Municipality of Manticao, Province of Misamis Oriental, to Manticao River". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Misamis Oriental". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|