|Directed by||Thambi Ramaiah|
|Produced by||R. P. Poorani|
|Written by||Thambi Ramaiah|
GR Gold films
|23 December 2000|
Manu Needhi is a 2000 Tamil language film directed by Thambi Ramaiah. The film features Murali and Prathyusha in the lead roles, while Napoleon and Nassar play other supporting roles. The film, which has music by Deva, released in December 2000.
Chinnakkannu (Murali) lives in a village with his maternal uncle Vellayan (Nasser). Vellayan asks Chinnakkanu to woo Poongodi (Prathyusha), only daughter of rich zamindar of nearby village Muthuraja (Napoleon) in which Chinnakannu succeeds. But on the day of wedding between Chinnakkannu and Poongodi, Vellayan interrupts and takes away Chinnakannu with him cancelling the wedding. A flashback is shown where Muthuraja is widely respected by everyone in his village. One day he gets drunk and rapes a girl without consciousness. The victim is Vellayan’s fiancé who happens to be Chinnakannu’s sister. Muthuraja realises his mistake and marries the victim. However she dies during her delivery and Poongodi is born to her. Vellayan plans to revenge Muthuraja by using Chinnakannu. Finally after many events, Chinnakannu marries Poongodi.
- Murali as Chinnakannu
- Prathyusha as Poongodi
- Vadivelu as Sevalai
- Napoleon as Muthuraja
- Nassar as Vellaiyan
- Thambi Ramaiah as Dharmalingam, marriage broker
- Thalapathy Dinesh
- Ele Karuthamma — Krishnaraj, Anuradha Sriram
- Koottam Nalla — Seerkazhi Sivachidambaram
- Engoorukku Mattum — SPB, Chithra
- Mayilaadum Paarai — Chithra
- Oru roja — Unnikrishnan, Chitra
The film received mixed to positive reviews upon release and many appreciated Vadivelu's comedy. with a critic noting "strong performances by a couple of senior artistes and the occasionally funny comedy sequences prevent this otherwise familiar village story from being too boring.And most of the films shot at Dharmapuri near Gopinathampatti,Jammanahalli,Harur and near by villages".
- Raaga.com. "Manuneethi , Manuneethi Songs, Download Manuneethi songs by Deva. Raaga.com Tamil Songs". Raaga.com. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Manu Needhi". Cinematoday2.itgo.com. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 August 2003. Retrieved 2003-08-19.
- DINAKARAN dinakaran.com (2001-02-10). "dinakaran". Web.archive.org. Archived from the original on 2001-02-10. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Manuneedhi". Bbthots.com. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
- "Film Review: Manuneedhi". The Hindu. 2000-12-29. Retrieved 2016-12-01.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|