St. Mary the Virgin, Manuden
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||BISHOP'S STORTFORD|
|Ambulance||East of England|
|EU Parliament||East of England|
Manuden is a village and civil parish in the Uttlesford district of Essex, England. It is located around 3 1⁄2 miles (6 km) north of Bishop's Stortford, in the neighbouring county of Hertfordshire, and around 8 miles (13 km) south-west of Saffron Walden. The village has its own parish council.
The local church is St Mary the Virgin. A tablet within the church commemorates the Jacobean statesman and diplomat William Wade, who spent his retirement at Battles Hall in the village, and is buried in the church.
There are several active village organisations, including a local history society, junior football club and a cricket club.
- "Parish population 2011". Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Manuden Village Website". Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- "Conservation area map of Manuden". Archived from the original on 2011-08-17. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Listed buildings map of Manuden". Archived from the original on 2011-08-17. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Manuden Primary School". Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- "Department for Education KS2 Statistics 2010". Retrieved 2011-01-14.
Media related to Manuden at Wikimedia Commons
|This Essex location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|