Manuel Gaspar Haro
|Full name||Manuel Gaspar Haro|
|Date of birth||3 February 1981|
|Place of birth||Málaga, Spain|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only
Born in Málaga, Andalusia, Gaspar started playing professionally with hometown Málaga CF's reserves, then spent two Segunda División seasons with another team in the region, UD Almería, being named 2005–06's best right-back whilst at the service of the latter.
For 2006–07, upon Levante UD's return to La Liga, Gaspar signed with the Valencian Community side, appearing scarcely in two seasons and facing relegation in his second, with the club immersed in a precarious financial situation.
In July 2008, Gaspar returned to Málaga, being pretty much absent of the lineups during the most part of the campaign but being heavily used in the final months. He again appeared regularly in 2009–10, mainly due to injuries to teammates; however, on 3 April 2010, it was announced that he would miss the rest of the season because of an inflamed appendix, which was successfully operated and removed.
Gaspar continued to be used exclusively as a backup in 2010–11, by both Jesualdo Ferreira and his successor Manuel Pellegrini. On 4 July 2011, aged 30, he left Málaga and returned to the second level, joining FC Cartagena.
Following an unassuming spell in the Cypriot First Division, Gaspar signed with CD El Palo from Segunda División B. In 2014, still as an active player, he returned to Málaga in directorial capacities.
- "Leyendas rojiblancas: Manolo" [Red-and-white legends: Manolo] (in Spanish). Vavel. 17 May 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Manolo Gaspar: "Jugar ahora mismo es una gozada"" [Manolo Gaspar: "I'm getting a real kick out of playing right now"] (in Spanish). Málaga CF. 15 January 2009. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Manolo Gaspar, operado de apendicitis" [Manolo Gaspar, underwent appendicitis surgery] (in Spanish). Málaga CF. 3 April 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Pellegrini no da con la tecla" [Pellegrini does not get it right]. Diario de Almería (in Spanish). 28 February 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Manolo Gaspar deja el Málaga CF y firma con el FC Cartagena" [Manolo Gaspar deja el Málaga CF y firma con el FC Cartagena] (in Spanish). Málaga CF. 4 July 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "El Palo ficha a Manolo Gaspar" [El Palo sign Manolo Gaspar] (in Spanish). Vavel. 17 August 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "El club incorpora a Manolo Gaspar a su secretaría técnica" [Club adds Manolo Gaspar to technical department] (in Spanish). Málaga CF. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 23 February 2018.