|Full name||Manuel Onwu Villafranca|
|Date of birth||11 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Tudela, Spain|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2007–2008||→ Iruña (loan)||36||(19)|
|2008||→ Alzira (loan)||4||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13 May 2018|
Born in Tudela, Navarre to a Nigerian father and a Spanish mother, and raised in neighbouring Valtierra, Onwu started playing with Club Atlético Valtierrano then moved to local CD Tudelano, making his senior debuts with the latter in 2006, in the fourth division. The following year he signed with neighbouring CA Osasuna, being assigned to its B-team and going on to serve two loans in the lower leagues subsequently.
In the 2011–12 season, Onwu scored 11 goals in 30 games with the reserves in the third level. On 11 March 2012 he made his first-team – and La Liga – debut, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 2–1 home win against Athletic Bilbao. Two matchdays later he made his first start, in a 2–0 away win over Levante UD (71 minutes played).
- "Manu Onwu completa la delantera universitaria" (in Spanish). La Verdad. 30 January 2018.
- Onwu, una promesa de futuro para el presente (Onwu, future promise for today) Archived 2013-02-08 at Archive.is; Noticias de Navarra, 14 March 2012 (in Spanish)
- Bilbao brought back to earth; ESPN Soccernet, 11 March 2012
- Euro dream alive for Osasuna; ESPN Soccernet, 25 March 2012