Manuel del Campo
|Manuel del Campo|
|Born||Manuel Martinez del Campo
14 November 1913
Mexico City, Mexico
|Died||16 February 1969
London, England, UK
|Spouse(s)||Mary Astor (1936 – 1941) (divorced)|
In 1936, del Campo married Mary Astor and became her third husband. He is father of their son Tono. The couple drifted apart after del Campo's enlistment in the Royal Canadian Air Force, and divorced amicably in 1941.
- The Adventures of Long John Silver (1958-59 - five episodes)
- His Majesty O'Keefe (1954)
- Miss Robin Hood (1952)
- No Highway in the Sky (1951)
- The Black Rose (1950)
- No Orchids for Miss Blandish (1948)
He was born as Manuel Martinez del Campo, but he changed it because he thought it was a more professional name, as he was planning to become an actor.
He was married 3 more times after Mary Astor.
He was educated at Clifton College.
He was son of Manuel Martinez del Campo, OBE a Mexican diplomat.
- Mary Astor - 'My Story: An Autobiography'. Doubleday & Company Inc., Garden City, New York, 1959