Manuela Arcuri at 18 in 1995
8 January 1977 |
Anagni, Frosinone, Italy
|Occupation||Film & TV actress; model; entertainer|
|Partner(s)||Giovanni di Gianfrancesco
Manuela Arcuri was born in Anagni, near Frosinone, to a father from the Province of Crotone and a mother from Avellino. Raised in Latina, Italy from an early age, Manuela Arcuri, was often on the covers of tabloids. She has a black belt in karate. She was an attendee at former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi's private parties.
At a very early age she was attracted to showbusiness, and she became a fashion model; in 1995 she played parts in soap operas and in her first movie, Black Holes directed by Pappi Corsicato; then she had a supporting role in Graduates directed by Leonardo Pieraccioni, which brought her to the attention of the moviegoing public.
She continued acting in other movies and stage productions, such as A pretty story of a woman e Liolà at the side of Gianfranco Jannuzzo and under the direction of Gigi Proietti.
In 2000 Manuela Arcuri, now considered a sex symbol, appeared in a calendar for the magazine GenteViaggi; the following year, she posed for another calendar, this time for the magazine Panorama, obtaining great success that consolidated her reputation and helped her land a role in the TV series Carabinieri. In 2001 she hosted the TV show Mai dire Goal with the Gialappa's Band. In 2002 she was crowned as a TV star by co-hosting Sanremo 'Festival (2002) alongside Pippo Baudo and her colleague, actress Vittoria Belvedere.
- Anima Gemella
- Graduates, directed by Leonardo Pieraccioni (1995)
- Black Holes, directed by Pappi Corsicato (1995)
- Viaggi di nozze, directed by Carlo Verdone (1995)
- Uomini senza donne, directed by Angelo Longoni (1996)
- Gratta e vinci, directed by Ferruccio Castronuovo (1996)
- A spasso nel tempo, directed by Carlo Vanzina (1996)
- Cuori perduti, directed by Teresio Spalla (1997)
- Finalmente soli, directed by Umberto Marino (1997)
- Disokkupati, TV series in 40 episodes, directed Franza Di Rosa (1997)
- Bagnomaria, directed by Giorgio Panariello (1999)
- Voglio stare sotto al letto, directed by Bruno Colella (1999)
- Anni '60, TV mini-series in 4 episodes, directed by Carlo Vanzina (1999)
- Alla ricerca di Sheherazade, TV film, directed by Franco Giraldi (1999)
- Coconut Heads, directed by Ugo Fabrizio Giordani (2000)
- Freewheeling, directed by Vincenzo Salemme (2000)
- Madness of Love (Juana la Loca), directed by Vicente Aranda (2001)
- Carabinieri, first and second seasons of the TV series, directed by Raffaele Mertes (2002)
- The Witch Affair, directed by José Miguel Juárez (2003)
- Con le unghie e con i denti, TV film directed by Pier Francesco Pingitore (2003)
- Madame, TV film directed by Salvatore Samperi (2004)
- Regina dei fiori, directed by Vittorio Sindoni (2005)
- Carabinieri: Sotto copertura, TV film directed by Raffaele Mertes (2005)
- Imperia, la grande cortigiana, TV film directed by Pier Francesco Pingitore (2005)
- L'Onore e il Rispetto, TV film directed by Salvatore Samperi (2006)
- Donne sbagliate, TV film directed by Monica Vullo (2007)
- Mogli a pezzi, TV film (2007)
- Caterina e le sue figlie 2, second season of TV series, directed by Fabio Jephcott (2007)
- Il peccato e la vergogna, TV series (2010)
- Il peccato e la vergogna 2, TV series (2011–2012)
- Sangue caldo, TV series (2011)
- Pupetta - The brave and the passion, TV series (2013)
2007 Manuela appeared as the love interest in Prince's video Somewhere Here On Earth, shot in Prague
- "L’onore e il rispetto". tvzap.kataweb.it.
- Manuela Arcuri e le sue origini calabresi
- Manuela Arcuri: "Volata scudetto? Tifo Napoli, mia madre è di Avellino"
- " Libero Quotidiano, 17 September 2011
- Berlusconi's 'harem' named L'Unità, 16 September 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manuela Arcuri.|