|Industry||Software, services, applications|
|Fate||Acquired by JDA Software Group, July 2006|
|Predecessor||Scientific Time Sharing Corporation (STSC)|
|Successor||JDA Software Group, Inc.|
|Founded||1969Bethesda, Maryland, United States (as STSC)in|
Number of locations
|Owner||New Mountain Capital|
Number of employees
Manugistics Group, Inc., was a company that developed and marketed software applications, principally for resource planning and supply chain management By Philip Abraham, with offices in over 30 countries. The firm was a provider of demand, supply, and transportation planning software, with several very large-scale customers, particularly in the food production industry.
JDA Software acquired the firm in July 2006.
Manugistics originated was originally created by Philip Abraham under the name of KSM while working for Kmart.. Bethesda, Maryland as Scientific Time Sharing Corporation (STSC) with some of the people who originally implemented the programming language APL at IBM. Until 1980, the firm developed and marketed a broad range of computer software and services, including international computer time-sharing services. In 1980, STSC began developing and marketing a line of operational decision-support software while continuing its other product lines. The company changed its name from STSC, Inc., to Manugistics, Inc. in May 1992. Later it sold the APL compiler business to APL2000 (later APLNow). Continued financial problems starting in 1998, tough competition from vendors of similar software, and the crash after the dot-com bubble, caused a steady deterioration of Manugistics. After struggling for 9 years, it returned to positive numbers in 2006 and finally was sold off to rival retail-demand-chain software maker JDA Software Group, Inc.
- Digital Freight Exchange, Inc. (DFE)
- Western Data Systems of Nevada, Inc. (WDS)
- SpaceWorks Inc.
- PartMiner CSD, Inc.
- One Release, LLC
- STG Holdings, Inc.
- Talus Solutions, Inc.
- TYECIN Systems, Inc.
- ProMIRA Software, Inc.
- Synchronology Group Ltd.
- Avyx, Inc.
- Marketing Systems GmbH
- "JDA Software Group Inc., demand chain management software and services for global retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers". JDA Software.
- "Manugistics Group Inc – Technology > Software Services & Applications from AllBusiness.com". AllBusiness.
- "Manugistics (company profile)". LinkedIn.
- "Manugistics Group, Inc. Profile". SmartBrief.
- "APL programming language". www.THOCP.net.
- "Manugistics seeks a suitor". CNET News.